GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hard steering when turning left

GoJoe

Car(s)
Golf 7 92TSI
First and foremost, thanks for accepting me to the forum!

I recently have this problem where the steering wheel are quite hard when turning left only (slow and medium speed). Turning right is perfectly normal, nice and light. Want to spend some time this weekend to investigate, start with tire pressures and fluid levels but thought maybe someone had this problem before and know what the cause is. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Who said that you're accepted. Get out of here. Just kidding and welcome to the forum. Always wanted to go to Australia. Are there any sounds or unusual noises when you experience the hard left turning?

GoJoe

Car(s)
Golf 7 92TSI
Who said that you're accepted. Get out of here. Just kidding and welcome to the forum. Always wanted to go to Australia. Are there any sounds or unusual noises when you experience the hard left turning?
haha, always welcome down south in Aus! No, no noise at all, the steering is just hard when turning to the left. Full lock or just a small turn to the left has much more resistance in the steering wheel than turning to the right. Haven't checked anything yet but logic tells me that if it's tire pressures or lack of fluid then it has to be hard turning both ways, left and right... So a bit stumped with this one...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is the car in your profile the car that you're talking about? What is a Golf 7 92TSI. I don't get the 92 part.