GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Handling FAQ: How to make your car handle the way YOU want.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, This will be a work in progress because it's late at night but this will be a thread about making your car handle better. Some of the material will be subjective so take it with a grain of salt.

First of all what is a good handling car? Will Update later (Probably 2.12.16)

Here's a chart of some basic settings you can change and what they will do:

*Quick Guide retrieved from Tirerack.*

Here's some popular things we can do to our cars to make them handle: Will Update later (Probably 2.12.16)

I'll update this a bunch later.

AR11

Ready to race!
This looks helpful. I guess I had been misunderstanding the impacts of toe in/out.

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!
Same size summer tires at all 4 corners.
Thicker rear sway bar.
1" -1.5" lowering springs (and shocks to match, optimally)

Then go have some fun and dial in the handling with tire pressure, but don't make huge adjustments in pressures.

Any other handling adjustments can be handled when the alignment is done after the new springs are installed.

ryohazuki222

Ready to race!
There seems to be a bunch of debate on the effects of tire temps. I can find just about as much argument for tire racks recommendation as I could for the converse.

I went 39f/37r with tire pressures and I feel like it balances out the stock car a bit better. But that's just the butt sensors. Get yourselves a pyrometer and take tire temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
Updates ?!

I assume the widest rim I could use without having to roll my fenders would be a 9 inch ET 45 so this coupled with 245 35 tires would be the optimal wheel set up for handling ?

Chad1140

Passed Driver's Ed
Run Nitrogen, as a former door gunner on Chinook Helicopters in Afghan and Iraq, it is far more stable at temps and altitude, it is NOT a gimmick.