GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Halogen Bulb Replacement

Tone1

Ready to race!
So I picked up some Osram Nightbreaker H7 bulbs to replace my OEM low beams, but I have human sized hands and thus, am having difficulty getting into the headlight housing to replace the bulbs. Anyone have any tips on getting in there? Do I need to remove some hardware or is there a trick I'm not getting? Thanks!

Tone1

Ready to race!
Well I've been trying to hire a baby to do it but then i had to "leave the daycare" because i was "scaring the parents". Ridiculous I know, but here we are.

mk7norway

Ready to race!
Sorry dude...there is no other way! You can ofcourse go to your local dealer and get it done!:)) Ask a younger family member to help you! :)

Tone1

Ready to race!
Well it's gonna be a balmy 40 degrees here tomorrow, that might be my best bet. Shoulda guessed there wasnt a magic fix, do Germans have tiny hands?

Tone1

Ready to race!
Never heard of this bulb; what made you purchase? Mind taking a side by side comparison photo tomorrow? Thanks!

Supposedly a great upgrade from stock, I'll def get a comparison it'll be daytime for a head on picture, but i have a pic of the stock beams on a wall and I'll get a comparison shot tmw night. Should be closer to the fog light color I hear.

chadlogan112

Passed Driver's Ed
Supposedly a great upgrade from stock, I'll def get a comparison it'll be daytime for a head on picture, but i have a pic of the stock beams on a wall and I'll get a comparison shot tmw night. Should be closer to the fog light color I hear.

Perfect! Was about to buy Silverstars newest line, but I haven't been too impressed with them; yet I can't see spending $500+ for xenons.

Tone1

Ready to race!
I'm gonna be switching to (probably) Ed's replicas in the spring, but for 30 bucks this seems like a good stop gap measure.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Perfect! Was about to buy Silverstars newest line, but I haven't been too impressed with them; yet I can't see spending $500+ for xenons.

yes, this is the biggest issue we hear and we receive the email daily, try our H7RC - xenon made for a halogen housing with plug and play no-tap adpaters so the install is easy, and it is a lot less money vs a projector upgrade but still gives you the style and visibility of the projector:

http://deautokey.com/product/mk7-gt...kit-full-set-including-adapters-and-resistors

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Tone1

Ready to race!
After much bruising of hands and gnashing of teeth, the Nightbreakers are installed. Passenger side wasn't too bad, just took some muscling and I used a rubber jar opener for some extra grip. Driver's side was tough, removed fuse box cover and high beam rubber seal for about another 1/4 inch of room, and tapped one of the fins on the cover with a screwdriver to get it off. Scraped up my hands pretty good in the process but job's done.

As far as improvement, they look a little brighter but color doesn't seem much different. I'll get some pictures when the sun goes down.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
After much bruising of hands and gnashing of teeth, the Nightbreakers are installed. Passenger side wasn't too bad, just took some muscling and I used a rubber jar opener for some extra grip. Driver's side was tough, removed fuse box cover and high beam rubber seal for about another 1/4 inch of room, and tapped one of the fins on the cover with a screwdriver to get it off. Scraped up my hands pretty good in the process but job's done.

As far as improvement, they look a little brighter but color doesn't seem much different. I'll get some pictures when the sun goes down.

I recently upgraded mine to nightbreakers as well. I found that to actually change the bulb on the driver side, by removing the fender wheel well you get way more access and it's only 4 screws to remove, maybe keep it mind for next time.

chadlogan112

Passed Driver's Ed

Update please!