GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Habor Frieght Jack Stands Recall

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Didn't the previous Harbor Freight jack stand recall thread get locked?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
It got locked because people stopped talking about jack stands and started turning it into a political thread about offshore manufacturing. Go to facebook if you want to get in pissing matches about what political side is right.

cb1111

It got locked because people stopped talking about jack stands and started turning it into a political thread about offshore manufacturing. Go to facebook if you want to get in pissing matches about what political side is right.
Since it was clearly an important thread for the safety of the members, wouldn't it have made more sense to say "let's keep it on topic" rather than lock it and let it drop off the page?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Since it was clearly an important thread for the safety of the members, wouldn't it have made more sense to say "let's keep it on topic" rather than lock it and let it drop off the page?

You can't walk against the tide.

The bickering obfuscates and begins to outweigh the pertinent information. We also have unlimited room for new threads so hopefully this one will stay pure.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Considering it's been posted multiple times and is literally all over Facebook and other sites, and harbor freight sent emails to anyone that bought them I dont think there's much risk in closing a bogus thread. And look, here it is again posted.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
thank you very much for this, I do have the pittsburg j stands, what do I do? I got them as a gift from my inlaws and have no idea where they got them. I need to check the #'s but it looks like the grey ones in picture 3 ton

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
thank you very much for this, I do have the pittsburg j stands, what do I do? I got them as a gift from my inlaws and have no idea where they got them. I need to check the #'s but it looks like the grey ones in picture 3 ton
Take them in to harbor freight to get a gift card for their value. I dont have a receipt or anything but i do have one that I crushed under a trailblazer. I wonder if theyll take it

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
First: accuse your in laws of trying to kill you.

Second: ????

Third: Profit

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Check the model number first and see the bulletin for instructions.
The HF bulletin pictures a red 3 ton, fwiw.
I have a pair of their 3 ton stands as well, but painted metallic grey and a different number.
20200520_214815.jpg

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I have 6 ton grey ones that look exactly like what is pictured in the recall, but mine look fine and are a different part number. I"ve always noticed HF tends to have same product with multiple part numbers, makes me think it's to distinguish different batches or made at a different factory etc. Anyways, I will continue to use mine.