GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R OE Sport springs w/ DCC

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
I see. I was suggested the B8 in another thread but realize that they are not DCC compatible. Just regular struts.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I see. I was suggested the B8 in another thread but realize that they are not DCC compatible. Just regular struts.
From what I can recall (I could be wrong though) b6 and b8 perform identically except the b8 has a shorter shaft because the b8 is meant for customers who want to use lowering springs

Snowmanmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Never knew about this when I added my VWR Lowering springs. I have being running like this for several months now, hopefully the OEM dampers didn't suffer too much from not performing this calibration.
I'm going to have to get my GTI on the Quick Jack and see if I can do this recalibration.
I'm also thinking about upgrading the OEM DCC Dampers on my GTI but don't exactly know with what. Hopefully I see some more feedback on my thread and can make an educated decision before moving forward with my plan.
VWR Sport Dampers

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm super jealous of Canadian spec Rabbits. Looks like a fantastic setup.

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I'm super jealous of Canadian spec Rabbits. Looks like a fantastic setup.
As a pure driver’s car, I absolutely love the spec. Heritage plaid, slick top, and all the good stuff. We definitely got lucky here with how VW built them. The only thing that would make it better is a Golf R engine and the TCR kit. That would be the ultimate GTI.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
It can be done with VCDS or OBDEleven, should take less than 5 minutes. You just need all four wheels off the ground, hanging freely. That part takes the longest if you don't have a lift.
Cuzoe, On my 2021 MK7.5 module 14 is called "Wheel Dampening". I went to "Basic Settings" and this what I see,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210621-154401_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210621-154401_OBDeleven.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 152

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Adapting with deflected wheels is what you want. Being called "wheel dampening" vs "dampening electronics" is just a naming quirk, as long as you're on Module 14 you should be good. I haven't used OBDEleven in a couple years but I seem to remember it would enter security codes on its own, or at least suggest them.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Adapting with deflected wheels is what you want. Being called "wheel dampening" vs "dampening electronics" is just a naming quirk, as long as you're on Module 14 you should be good. I haven't used OBDEleven in a couple years but I seem to remember it would enter security codes on its own, or at least suggest them.
OBDeleven did suggested the security code you recommended on previous replies and Thank you for confirming. Now I'm ready to do this adaptation.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Well! Things are not working out as easy as it sounded. I'm getting an error when trying to execute the adaptation. I will have to do some more research before attempting again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210623-163057_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210623-163057_OBDeleven.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 215
  • 20210623_164346.jpg
    20210623_164346.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 220

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
@JJ_MK7 it can also be done through ODIS by a VW dealer. The longest part was getting the car on and off the hoist. If all else fails, it just gives you another option.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
This thread made up my mind, thanks!

I started another thread on the topic; I've been leaning toward these springs (vs. ED, VWDG, APR and one other), but was concerned about performance of the DCC mapping against a progressive rate spring. Your description of the dynamic change seems like exactly what I'm after.

6 months later are you still happy? Would you have done anything differently?

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit

I started another thread on the topic; I've been leaning toward these springs (vs. ED, VWDG, APR and one other), but was concerned about performance of the DCC mapping against a progressive rate spring. Your description of the dynamic change seems like exactly what I'm after.

I absolutely love this suspension setup, and the DCC recalibration is a must! I took a buddy for a ride last night so he could compare to his MK7R with DCC (no reset) on Eibach Pro Kit springs. I went in his car, as well. My GTI undoubtedly rides better. The H&R OE Sport springs pair amazingly well with DCC, but you have to do basic settings to get the most out of this setup. Comfort, Normal, and Sport mode are all fantastic and the car handles like a dream. Audi TT rear spring pads are also a must so the car sits level. The only thing I will add is a 24mm H&R rear sway bar. Perfect street setup.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

My APR springs had a lot of rake. Enough so that it hurt the handling. I'm still using the fronts, but using a MSS rear with 336 spring rate so I can level the car out.