GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I primarily got it for the shake awake feature, it’s really easy to make adjustments and the batteries side load which is great. It’s perfect for a home/self defense setup but compared to the aluminum C-More optic on my rifle it’s like comparing Canon L lenses to Sigmas. It’s properly designed and thought out but at the end of the day it’s well QC’d Chinesium.

Nice! They are highly recommended by other S2K owners and also M Carbo. This is my gateway into red dot sights. I was planning on getting a Holosun one for my Glock...but I can't just bolt that on.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Nice! They are highly recommended by other S2K owners and also M Carbo. This is my gateway into red dot sights. I was planning on getting a Holosun one for my Glock...but I can't just bolt that on.
The Halosun 510C is a nice little optic with shake awake. I have that mounted on the PTR 9CT, fun little weapon and my son's favorite so far.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm looking at the 507c. I'm just hesitant about getting my slide cut. Also prices and turnaround time from various machine shops all over the place.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
I have read reviews varying all over the place however a good upper receiver is just as important. Matches? Nah, hoping 1 MOA or less and will be fine for this build. If I am looking for an extremely accurate rifle for distance than a 6.5 or .308 will be considered.

Also, BA guarantees their barrels for accuracy so I feel fairly safe with the purchase.

"We also stand behind our commitment to performance. All Ballistic Advantage barrels are guaranteed to give sub Minute of Angle (MOA) accuracy with match grade ammunition. We define sub MOA as a group size of 1 inch or under at 100 yards with a 3 shot magazine fed group, or 5 shot single loaded group factory ammo."
BA barrels are fine for range toys. They will definitely start to drift if you're throwing a lot of rounds through them at a high rate of fire.

I'm talking out past 200 yards though. If all you're doing is bench shooting, I doubt you'll ever notice.

I used to shoot 2-gun matches when ammo was cheap, and it was challenging when the last stage was 2 hits on targets at 1, 2, 3, 4, and 600 yards from 2 different positions. After a full mag, the drift was noticeable out past 200.

but if you don't shoot that distance, it won't matter.

If you do, Proof Research or bust IMO.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
BA barrels are fine for range toys. They will definitely start to drift if you're throwing a lot of rounds through them at a high rate of fire.

I'm talking out past 200 yards though. If all you're doing is bench shooting, I doubt you'll ever notice.

I used to shoot 2-gun matches when ammo was cheap, and it was challenging when the last stage was 2 hits on targets at 1, 2, 3, 4, and 600 yards from 2 different positions. After a full mag, the drift was noticeable out past 200.

I appreciate a reply with some experience behind it. What upper receivers did you use with your barrels?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Time for a test fit
175DF631-A788-45A4-BDC6-04B905B3E4C1.jpeg

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
I appreciate a reply with some experience behind it. What upper receivers did you use with your barrels?

Depends on what I want to accomplish, but usually price being a determining factor Aero M4E1 > VLTOR MUR/BCM > Radian

I was spoiled by Radian lowers, so pretty much I really only use their uppers these days if I get the urge to build anything.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Depends on what I want to accomplish, but usually price being a determining factor Aero M4E1 > VLTOR MUR/BCM > Radian

I was spoiled by Radian lowers, so pretty much I really only use their uppers these days if I get the urge to build anything.
Ordered a VLTOR MUR upper and a Quentin Defense lower.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

bUt tHeY hAvE tHaT aCcuRacY GuAraNtEe!!!

Sounds like you were running BA before Aero stepped in? I found their quality to slip a bit more after the buyout.

For a >$200 barrel they are good enough. Currently running their 20” DMR stainless in 6ARC while I was waiting on my carbon Proof. Out of a mechanical rest and cold bore groups it’s Instagram worthy. That said I’m barely getting 10-shot strings in 1.5-2moa at anything past 300. I’ve got about 1800 down the pipe and it’s a fun range toy as you put it, at best. I’ve run it in three >800yrd PRS matches to see if I even liked running a gas gun... I never expected to score better than the 50th percentile, so it didn’t let me down once! 🤣

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
bUt tHeY hAvE tHaT aCcuRacY GuAraNtEe!!!

Sounds like you were running BA before Aero stepped in? I found their quality to slip a bit more after the buyout.

For a >$200 barrel they are good enough. Currently running their 20” DMR stainless in 6ARC while I was waiting on my carbon Proof. Out of a mechanical rest and cold bore groups it’s Instagram worthy. That said I’m barely getting 10-shot strings in 1.5-2moa at anything past 300. I’ve got about 1800 down the pipe and it’s a fun range toy as you put it, at best. I’ve run it in three >800yrd PRS matches to see if I even liked running a gas gun... I never expected to score better than the 50th percentile, so it didn’t let me down once! 🤣
Oh yeah I only know BA post Aero, no experience with them when they were independent.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’m running PSA on my AR10 and DPMS on my AR15….. solid

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Amongst many of the other parts I have ordered recently I have been watching for the release of the Magpul PRS Lite which initially said early 2022 release. To my surprise it is showing available as of today, order placed and looking forward to seeing how it feels.

https://magpul.com/what-s-new/prs-lite.html?mp_global_color=118

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
I describe the P-10 series as, "Like a Glock, if Glock cared more about ergonomics. Fixed front sight like a Glock, takes down like a Glock, positive trigger reset like a Glock, better slide serrations and grip shape, trigger feels like a Glock that has an out of the box trigger job."

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Just upgrade things. Never thought I’d like a polymer so much. Well played, CZ.View attachment 233254
Bruh, how is it?
My first gun was the P-07. So fucking ergonomic, it's still among my carry pieces.

Check out Cajun Gun Works, they may have a kit for your CZ. I put their kits in the P-07 and the 97B, and they are great. The latter is now a competition worthy gun.