GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
BA barrels are hit or miss, and take a while to break in. If you’re shooting shit ball ammo, it’ll be fine, but I wouldn’t expect to be winning matches with it.
I have read reviews varying all over the place however a good upper receiver is just as important. Matches? Nah, hoping 1 MOA or less and will be fine for this build. If I am looking for an extremely accurate rifle for distance than a 6.5 or .308 will be considered.

Also, BA guarantees their barrels for accuracy so I feel fairly safe with the purchase.

"We also stand behind our commitment to performance. All Ballistic Advantage barrels are guaranteed to give sub Minute of Angle (MOA) accuracy with match grade ammunition. We define sub MOA as a group size of 1 inch or under at 100 yards with a 3 shot magazine fed group, or 5 shot single loaded group factory ammo."

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I have read reviews varying all over the place however a good upper receiver is just as important. Matches? Nah, hoping 1 MOA or less and will be fine for this build. If I am looking for an extremely accurate rifle for distance than a 6.5 or .308 will be considered.

Also, BA guarantees their barrels for accuracy so I feel fairly safe with the purchase.

"We also stand behind our commitment to performance. All Ballistic Advantage barrels are guaranteed to give sub Minute of Angle (MOA) accuracy with match grade ammunition. We define sub MOA as a group size of 1 inch or under at 100 yards with a 3 shot magazine fed group, or 5 shot single loaded group factory ammo."

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Got a Hellcat RDP for early Christmas. Ink wasn't dry on my ATF form before it was out of the box in the range and sending 115gr round nose down range. Didn't even get the sight installed, was so excited just started shooting it. The hype is real, I was amazed at how well it shot, put it side by side with my current EDC a S&W MP9c and handled better and I was more accurate with the Hellcat iron sights than the MP9c with a laser. It is definitely my new EDC, even feels better on the belt.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Swapped out the optic on my AR9. I'm a big fan of the EOTech reticle. It's a bit more worn in than my vortex was, but well worth the wear and tear for the price.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I wonder if Tula casings get stuck in semis. They sure as hell get stuck in my Mosin. I buy Barnaul instead.
As a side note: Russians themselves don't recommend running Tula. A special ops guy had a 9mm blow up his Glock during exercises.

Woah that's crazy.... I've run about 3k rounds of Tula in a few different semi-auto rifles and I've never had a single issue. Never tried their handgun ammo though.
Tula makes hella dents/scratches on my deflector, and I've had them cause some misloading to where I thought I would need to swap out my buffer spring. Brass only for me

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
My buddy just bought a bullpup shotgun. I now want a bullpup shotgun. I have shotgun envy
A guy at the range let me use his legendary Steyr bullpup. Bullpups are amazing

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I mean, they're very reasonable in price....I've just been too lazy to go get one. Love the KELTEC one

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I have my Tavor x95 sitting in the safe and have yet to fire it. Waiting for my optic that has been on back order for a hot minute. Love the way the weapon feels and looking forward to breaking it in.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I have my Tavor x95 sitting in the safe and have yet to fire it. Waiting for my optic that has been on back order for a hot minute. Love the way the weapon feels and looking forward to breaking it in.
I don’t know how you restrain yourself!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Accuracy is all over the place on this model. Fortunately, I have one of the good ones.

I've watched a lot of videos and read a bunch of reviews before I bought it...and I haven't come across any widespread reports of it's "accuracy being all over". The ones I've seen seem to be the opposite. I can't really comment on my own accuracy as I'm still new to the gun.

What I do find odd about it is the sights. It sits really low. I have to really press my cheek down on the buffer tube to line up the sights. I ordered a buffer tube cover and M Carbo's site mount for a red dot.