GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Does anyone carry a FN 509 compact? Thinking about switching from my daily P365. Nothing wrong with the sig, love it actually, just looking to switch it up.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Does anyone carry a FN 509 compact? Thinking about switching from my daily P365. Nothing wrong with the sig, love it actually, just looking to switch it up.
I’ve seen them but never fired them. Real nice size. Not exactly compact looking, it’s like the way mini employs design fuckery to hide the countryman’s proportions LOL

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
I’ve seen them but never fired them. Real nice size. Not exactly compact looking, it’s like the way mini employs design fuckery to hide the countryman’s proportions LOL
Don't own one, but I shot one before, and... It's fine. The new optics mounting system looks pretty trick, but other than that, I can't think of any other reason to carry it over a pistol with better parts support like a Glock 19 Gen 5 or S&W M&P 2.0 Compact. I also prefer how the Walther PPQ and CZ P-10C shoot.

With that in mind, if you like them, I don't think you're wrong to do so by any means. Most of the name brand striker-fire polymer pistols are pretty darn good these days, each one has some advantage(s) over others, and personal preference is the deciding factor.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Nope....never but phenomenal company. Not sure about it being super compact.....looks about the same size my old EDC Glock 30SF was......here is it compared to my current EDC for comparison:
2-handgunhero-smith-wesson-m-p-9-shield-vs-fn-509-mdr-compact-out.png

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Nope....never but phenomenal company. Not sure about it being super compact.....looks about the same size my old EDC Glock 30SF was......here is it compared to my current EDC for comparison:
View attachment 204222
Ah yes, forgot about that site. Agreed it's no micro compact, but certainly compact enough for me with the right holster. Now to see what I can find without getting destroyed on price...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ah yes, forgot about that site. Agreed it's no micro compact, but certainly compact enough for me with the right holster. Now to see what I can find without getting destroyed on price...
FN? Good luck with finding a low price! LOL..... but seriously, if you do, hook a brother up

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
FN? Good luck with finding a low price! LOL..... but seriously, if you do, hook a brother up
Lol I don’t expect to find a low price at all but hopefully a fair price at MSRP or slightly above is obtainable. I’ll keep an eye out!

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I ended up finding a FiveseveN for 1199 last spring. Before that, and even now, they are unobtainable.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
FN 509 were going for less than LE discount price before last year's panic buying started.

It turned out that pricing the pistols higher than Glock, S&W, and SIG was not a recipe for serious LE market penetration. Beretta tried the same thing with the APX, and Cabela's/Bass Pro was dumping those for $330.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
This followed me home the other day. Now to get a chance to see how it does compared to my old Legion and Xcompact.

Attachments

• 56FED8F5-00B3-4A32-A66E-77A94AB4CE43.jpeg
    56FED8F5-00B3-4A32-A66E-77A94AB4CE43.jpeg
    807 KB · Views: 140

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Have been using the M&P 9c for several years in a N82 holster at about 4 Oclock, and have been mostly happy except I can't wear it when driving the TTRS because the holster damages the seat bolster. It was a good blend of size and capacity. I have a Springfield XD-S 3.3 with an AlienGear holster I have to use carried at almost the 3 Oclock position to drive it. It is not comfortable and only has 8+1 capacity in 9mm.

Looked at the FNs a lot but yeah, the price and finding one. Been planning on switching out to a Hellcat since they came out but haven't made the jump yet. Now they have a new version of the OSP called the RDP and I think I might finally pull the trigger, see what I can sell the 9c and XD-S for and offset the cost lol

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Just snagged a G43x now that I am in a 'free' state. Looking at a Vedder Lite IWB and some SA 15+1 mags for CCW.

G43x is tremendous. I am a big dude too... XXL gloves. Fits really well, shoots really well.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just snagged a G43x now that I am in a 'free' state. Looking at a Vedder Lite IWB and some SA 15+1 mags for CCW.

G43x is tremendous. I am a big dude too... XXL gloves. Fits really well, shoots really well.
+1 for the Vedder.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT

I really like my 43x. Use to switch between a J frame and G19, but I exclusively carry the 43X now.

8D737806-8DCF-424B-B7F5-AE89FDC2A654.jpeg

Good luck finding the SA mags lol.