GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Just saying, to label something as not a useful firearm when you've never fired it is presumptuous. Understand it may not seem interesting to you, but that's hardly a yardstick for the market or any market.

Obviously the P90 is a more robust platform with a longer barrel and built in stock, but again, it is also 3 times the price. Is it 3 times better to the person who is shopping for a 5.7mm carbine/oversized pistol?

I can see a perfect fit for this no where near niche (if it performs) as a bedside home defense weapon. It's compact so easy to store without needing a huge safe in the room. While larger than a pistol it also outstrips the capacity so you don't have to fumble for extra mags in an emergency. I'm sure some tacti-cool folk go to bed with mag pouches, NVG, and four firearms to grab. I don't, when I get out of bed in my shorts I want to grab one item. I live in a 1200sq ft house built in 1976, very small quarters and tight hallways......if someone busts in it's going to be close quarters not ideal for even a carbine size rifle.

I'd rather end a home invasion saying wow, only needed 12 rounds than to be in the hospital or in the ground wishing I hadn't run dry at 12 and needed more. I don't have the precognition ability to know what I'll 'need' to defend my life, rather not gamble.

If I end up getting one I will certainly give it a test and my thoughts. (y)🤛 Buy me a P90 and I'll even compare the two. :p;)

Depends on where you live. My state has no arbitrary restrictions on magazine size. :cool:
Gotcha. I think my state has the magazine capacity capped

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Gotcha. I think my state has the magazine capacity capped

Yup, Colorado limits to 15. Most counties are not bothering to enforce that but that wouldn't matter for this gun since it only takes 50 round magazines Unless the company takes a 50rd and puts a limiter in it to make it CO compliant which I doubt they would do.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yup, Colorado limits to 15. Most counties are not bothering to enforce that but that wouldn't matter for this gun since it only takes 50 round magazines Unless the company takes a 50rd and puts a limiter in it to make it CO compliant which I doubt they would do.
Agreed. When it’s that ugly, the 50 round capacity gimmick is very important

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR

Yup, cause the most important measure of a firearm is that it's sexy so you can hang it on the wall and look at it........... :rolleyes: I know every gun in my safe was purchased because of how nice it looks. 🤨

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yup, cause the most important measure of a firearm is that it's sexy so you can hang it on the wall and look at it........... :rolleyes: I know every gun in my safe was purchased because of how nice it looks. 🤨
A think a 1911 kimber would still sell great with a three round magazine hahaha. It’s a nice looking firearm. If I’m looking for a 1911, I’d narrow it down based on reviews and reputation. And ultimately I’d pick the nicer looking one.

for the record. I’ve no idea where kimber sits against competitors. I just think their 1911 looks nice.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

Lol...I agree with this. I don't know anything about this particular piece...but people buy based on aesthetics. I mean why do people spend upwards of $2k modifying a $500 Glock? I'm willing to be bet that a huge portion of people are not doing it for "performance". I bought an Agency magwell for my Glock...I can't believe how much these magwells costs. I even bought one of the blem ones to save a few bucks😁.

How many people would buy a 1000hp car if it looked like a 88 Hyundai Excel?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Lol...I agree with this. I don't know anything about this particular piece...but people buy based on aesthetics. I mean why do people spend upwards of $2k modifying a $500 Glock? I'm willing to be bet that a huge portion of people are not doing it for "performance". I bought an Agency magwell for my Glock...I can't believe how much these magwells costs. I even bought one of the blem ones to save a few bucks😁.

How many people would buy a 1000hp car if it looked like a 88 Hyundai Excel?
I don’t totally get the hobby aspect of it. But I do respect it.

related though, I had a 500hp Saturn ion redline. Who would dump so much money in a Saturn? Me. LOL

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Just saying, to label something as not a useful firearm when you've never fired it is presumptuous. Understand it may not seem interesting to you, but that's hardly a yardstick for the market or any market.

Obviously the P90 is a more robust platform with a longer barrel and built in stock, but again, it is also 3 times the price. Is it 3 times better to the person who is shopping for a 5.7mm carbine/oversized pistol?

I can see a perfect fit for this no where near niche (if it performs) as a bedside home defense weapon. It's compact so easy to store without needing a huge safe in the room. While larger than a pistol it also outstrips the capacity so you don't have to fumble for extra mags in an emergency. I'm sure some tacti-cool folk go to bed with mag pouches, NVG, and four firearms to grab. I don't, when I get out of bed in my shorts I want to grab one item. I live in a 1200sq ft house built in 1976, very small quarters and tight hallways......if someone busts in it's going to be close quarters not ideal for even a carbine size rifle.

I'd rather end a home invasion saying wow, only needed 12 rounds than to be in the hospital or in the ground wishing I hadn't run dry at 12 and needed more. I don't have the precognition ability to know what I'll 'need' to defend my life, rather not gamble.

If I end up getting one I will certainly give it a test and my thoughts. (y)🤛 Buy me a P90 and I'll even compare the two. :p;)

Depends on where you live. My state has no arbitrary restrictions on magazine size. :cool:

Wound you use 5.4x28 for home defense?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Wound you use 5.4x28 for home defense?

No idea, never researched it, but I'd use 5.7x28mm for sure. ;)

Like Keeh's hooker guns, the 5.7 has minimal recoil allowing for follow up shots quickly, HP rounds do not overpenetrate compared to 9mm. Some loadings in the P90 can penetrate body armor but lower grain HP will still put a man down. If he's fat might have to triple-tap but again, that's where the 50-rounds comes in. :)

But doesn't matter, looks like I won't be getting one since my income in 2019 was too high for the new limbo height bar for Biden handouts. 😒

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
No idea, never researched it, but I'd use 5.7x28mm for sure. ;)

Like Keeh's hooker guns, the 5.7 has minimal recoil allowing for follow up shots quickly, HP rounds do not overpenetrate compared to 9mm. Some loadings in the P90 can penetrate body armor but lower grain HP will still put a man down. If he's fat might have to triple-tap but again, that's where the 50-rounds comes in. :)

But doesn't matter, looks like I won't be getting one since my income in 2019 was too high for the new limbo height bar for Biden handouts. 😒
Sir. We call them prostitute guns. Have some class 😂

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Not sure about strumpet guns, but the wife and I have been thinking about picking up a PDW for the home. Looking at the Taurus G3C...cheap, light, and easy. Maybe it IS a strumpet gun... :p

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I was cleaning out a corner of my house and literally tossed two 30 round mags into the trash pile without thinking. I stopped....blinked....went back to the pile and put them back into the "keep" pile. I just smh and thought...what was I thinking?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I was cleaning out a corner of my house and literally tossed two 30 round mags into the trash pile without thinking. I stopped....blinked....went back to the pile and put them back into the "keep" pile. I just smh and thought...what was I thinking?

Don’t trash them, you can sell to a panic buyer!