GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Okay, deep breathe here. Firearms, politics, and religion. Some of the passionate topics that get's people fired up in arguments, which I'm not saying there's arguing going on here, but that tipping point is always a fine balance. I own (or lost in a boating accident) dozens of firearms, including a registered SBR, other AR's, handguns, etc. I bought all my ammo wholesale back when I was really into shooting, and training. I have enough of the calibers I care to own, that I haven't shopped since 2010ish. I have boxes of unopened mags for my AR's, and handguns. I am for some firearm legislation, and will do what I can where I can against others. But using Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union as some of the only examples get's tiring to read, as there are other developed countries with tighter legislation, and are still considered free countries.

Firearm legislation, or the lack of, is a complicated matter in my opinion. What is really being looked at to consider? You'll get all sorts of opinions on the topic, but ultimately I'd say lessening the deaths where firearms were the instrument used is the ultimate end state. It's not because one part is looking to suppress another, and next thing you know you're being marched off to a gas chamber. Australia is an example of a country with very tight firearm laws. But let's be real, Australia never had, and still does not, have the amount of firearm related deaths that the U.S. has, but you can argue a point based on per capita numbers. This could be due to the fact that the US population is very mobile, we have decentralized law enforcement, racial division has been and still is rampant, and generally we have a higher tolerance for homicide.

Research can also be found in regard to the number of mass killings in AUS before and after the NFA law of 1996, and also whether the law changes affected the number of firearm related deaths. This particular study (multiple) found that there was a drop in the rate of firearm deaths, particularly with suicides. But AUS also leads the US in mental health awareness and support, which could be a factor in suicide prevention as well. The same university research also showed that while there had been 13 mass shootings (using the definition of five or more people killed) in the 18 years before the law changes, there had been none in the 22 years following until 2018. Modelling suggested that if shootings had continued at a similar rate as that prior to the NFA, then approximately 16 incidents would have been expected by February 2018. (essentially educated guessing).

During the 90's, many American states liberalized firearm laws considerably, allowing more concealed carry provisions and lessening controls in general. Is that purely the reason homicide rates decreased in response to loosening of firearms laws? So what other factors could have contributed to that? I don't know.

So what I'm getting at for me, some legislation could be beneficial, but even more so is better enforcement of what's currently there.

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Okay, deep breathe here. Firearms, politics, and religion. Some of the passionate topics that get's people fired up in arguments, which I'm not saying there's arguing going on here, but that tipping point is always a fine balance.

My new years' resolution was to stop getting worked up and pulled into arguments on internet forums. :D I love having discussions, but when it devolves into an argument where feelings are used instead of facts, I'm checking out from now on. I'm doing pretty well so far.

So what I'm getting at for me, some legislation could be beneficial, but even more so is better enforcement of what's currently there.

Here here. when you back out gun crime by gangs and people who are not even supposed to have a firearm it gets a lot more interesting. The belief that more laws will stop people already breaking existing laws is a real head scratcher.

On a topic related note.....anyone else planning on adding one of these?

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/p50/

I mean, it's 1/3 the price of a P90 and sure the ammo is expensive, but hey, no more so than .380......LOL Finally, there's an argument to get a 5.7mm firearm now that ammo price isn't a factor.

If Biden gives me $1400 you can bet your ASS I'm going to buy one of these and 100 rounds of ammo with it. lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My new years' resolution was to stop getting worked up and pulled into arguments on internet forums. :D I love having discussions, but when it devolves into an argument where feelings are used instead of facts, I'm checking out from now on. I'm doing pretty well so far.
YES

Here here. when you back out gun crime by gangs and people who are not even supposed to have a firearm it gets a lot more interesting. The belief that more laws will stop people already breaking existing laws is a real head scratcher.
#Truth

On a topic related note.....anyone else planning on adding one of these?

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/p50/
That.....is......awesome

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
The rhetoric is deep in this thread, and it’s both sad and funny at the same time.

You all see that there’s been more than 100 seditionists arrested so far?!? Can’t wait for them to be convicted, going to be a windfall of weapons and ammo flooding the market. 😄

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I take it this is old news? If Sleepy Joe's people are on the ball (LOL) this will make their hit parade:

P50 - KelTec (keltecweapons.com)

1612271975236.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah, old news. It was posted three posts above yours.

It's not a legit handgun unless it comes with a IWB holster.
That thing is gross. I’m usually a “gun is a gun is a gun” but holy fuck that thing looks like a gamer puked all over it

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
That thing is gross. I’m usually a “gun is a gun is a gun” but holy fuck that thing looks like a gamer puked all over it

It's very Cyberpunk, but hey, if you have a better pistol with a 50 round capacity without using a bulky jam-prone drum I'd love to see it. lol

Besides, I personally care a little bit more about how a gun functions than what it looks like. At the end of the day it's a tool, not an instagram model.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I would never in a lifetime consider using this handgun for anything more than shooting trash in the desert. Even at that, the 5.7 round is not a plinking round in my eyes. Aside from the FN57 or the P90, you don't see much out there chambered in this. Even then the P90 is probably what I would think of in being the better platform.

The P50 is obviously a play on the P90 name, and really seems like it's more of a pet project than a legit useful firearm. If you need 50 rounds of ammo in a handgun, you're either doing it wrong, or things are so bad that this little handgun isn't going to do much.

Now I'm sure the design process and mechanics are interesting, but it's nothing I'd ever own. But there's plenty of tacti-cool types that will probably scoop this up quick.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
I would never in a lifetime consider using this handgun for anything more than shooting trash in the desert. Even at that, the 5.7 round is not a plinking round in my eyes. Aside from the FN57 or the P90, you don't see much out there chambered in this. Even then the P90 is probably what I would think of in being the better platform.

The P50 is obviously a play on the P90 name, and really seems like it's more of a pet project than a legit useful firearm. If you need 50 rounds of ammo in a handgun, you're either doing it wrong, or things are so bad that this little handgun isn't going to do much.

Now I'm sure the design process and mechanics are interesting, but it's nothing I'd ever own. But there's plenty of tacti-cool types that will probably scoop this up quick.

Cool story.

So you've tested this gun?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
:rolleyes:

I know enough to know what works for me, and this fills a niche I have no desire to pursue.

But let us know when you do. (y)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It's very Cyberpunk, but hey, if you have a better pistol with a 50 round capacity without using a bulky jam-prone drum I'd love to see it. lol

Besides, I personally care a little bit more about how a gun functions than what it looks like. At the end of the day it's a tool, not an instagram model.
i wonder if its even legal, considering it holds that many

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
:rolleyes:

I know enough to know what works for me, and this fills a niche I have no desire to pursue.

But let us know when you do. (y)

Just saying, to label something as not a useful firearm when you've never fired it is presumptuous. Understand it may not seem interesting to you, but that's hardly a yardstick for the market or any market.

Obviously the P90 is a more robust platform with a longer barrel and built in stock, but again, it is also 3 times the price. Is it 3 times better to the person who is shopping for a 5.7mm carbine/oversized pistol?

I can see a perfect fit for this no where near niche (if it performs) as a bedside home defense weapon. It's compact so easy to store without needing a huge safe in the room. While larger than a pistol it also outstrips the capacity so you don't have to fumble for extra mags in an emergency. I'm sure some tacti-cool folk go to bed with mag pouches, NVG, and four firearms to grab. I don't, when I get out of bed in my shorts I want to grab one item. I live in a 1200sq ft house built in 1976, very small quarters and tight hallways......if someone busts in it's going to be close quarters not ideal for even a carbine size rifle.

I'd rather end a home invasion saying wow, only needed 12 rounds than to be in the hospital or in the ground wishing I hadn't run dry at 12 and needed more. I don't have the precognition ability to know what I'll 'need' to defend my life, rather not gamble.

If I end up getting one I will certainly give it a test and my thoughts. (y)🤛 Buy me a P90 and I'll even compare the two. :p;)

i wonder if its even legal, considering it holds that many

Depends on where you live. My state has no arbitrary restrictions on magazine size. :cool: