Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Attachment-1.jpeg

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
So what are the chances current black rifles will be banned? Is there a huge rush to buy them with the expectations they will be grandfathered?

Depends, chances are pretty good they will dust off the old Clinton ban that was useless. Biden following through with an illegal EO is pretty slim IMHO, unless they are a lot stupider than I think. So it will depend on Congress still.

As for grandfathering, I would hazard a guess anyone worried about what's coming enough to stock up now doesn't give a damn about grandfathering. If they don't grandfather I doubt they are turning them in............

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My friend said his shop still hasn't received the firearms he ordered back in April, and ammo is in short supply. When I stocked up years ago, it was $50 a box for 9's.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
My friend said his shop still hasn't received the firearms he ordered back in April, and ammo is in short supply. When I stocked up years ago, it was $50 a box for 9's.

Yeah, I have some friends just now scrambling to stock up and freaking at prices and lack of availability. I've been stocking up for years on 5.56 and 9mm, heck I even managed to stockpile over 2000 rounds of .22 during and after the .22 crunch a few years back. What I am kicking myself on is 12 gauge which I ignored and only had a couple hundred shells, no one has buckshot right now so I've been piecemealling #2 and #4 so I have something. I did luck out and got an alert from the online supplier I bought the AR-12 from and grabbed a couple cases of buckshot (200 shells/case for $169 each) so at least I have something in the safe.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
No idea at this point. Still in early stages of training. I haven't fired a gun since 1985, but by the time we're through, I'll be Dirty Harry (without the .44 Magnum).

Cool! Hopefully you can find some reasonably priced ammo and get in some range time soon:)

I recently picked up a 43X to keep my 19 company.

CBDE41BB-34C3-4607-91E5-322EBFA204FE.jpeg

Shout out to UBG holsters, who had this sitting in my mail box in 13 days.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Wanted to buy an FN 5.7 but I figured the ammo was ridiculously expensive now.

Yeah, the wife has always wanted a P90 (and figured be a good reason to have her dress up like Samantha Carter lol), but man it's hard to find and damn near $2 a round when you do.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
So it looks like we lost control of the Senate unless there's a couple of sensible Dems in it. I predict "ARs" and all hi-cap mags (at least 10-rounds) will be first to be declared contraband since states have already gotten away with it. There was talk before about banning any firearm CAPABLE of using a hi-cap, which technically covers a huge number of semi-auto pistols, since aftermarket companies make a variety of hi-cap mags to fit them. `

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So it looks like we lost control of the Senate unless there's a couple of sensible Dems in it. I predict "ARs" and all hi-cap mags (at least 10-rounds) will be first to be declared contraband since states have already gotten away with it. There was talk before about banning any firearm CAPABLE of using a hi-cap, which technically covers a huge number of semi-auto pistols, since aftermarket companies make a variety of hi-cap mags to fit them. `

Unfortunately I lost all of my firearms in a boating accident.