GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I feel your California plight. Been down this road plenty of times.
I’m glad my mom pulled me outta there young. Escape from LA!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
That’s odd. Why is it illegal? Maybe there’s no ‘why’ in Californiastan…
There’s a 6 and 7 round magazine package you can get for it if that’s the case.

I don't think California has anything newer than 2006. Anything newer...CA wants some "microstamping" technology that no manufacturer wants to implement. I'm pretty sure the reason why Glock is still making the Gen 3 pistols is because they sell a poop-ton in CA. There are ways to get around the CA gun roster by having parents living in another state...or if you move into CA from another state...I beleive you can bring them with you. They just need to go through an FFL. That...or become a cop. Cops can use off roster guns that the state of CA considers "unsafe". Oh...you can also buy off roster guns from a cop. They'll sell them for 2 to 3 times what you can buy in other states. I've seen Glock 19x's sell for $1500. Some cops even get busted for trafficking guns.

I'd love to get a model that's already cut for an red dot.

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
That’s really shitty. I guess they assume criminals are also following the gun rosters and no law abiding citizens have to worry about being outgunned. That PPS is just a backup to a 14rd CZ P10s Optic ready for when I’m lazy carrying with sweat pants or PJs. The old lady has been eyeballing it so I probably gotta find something else. May just hop on the Sig 365xl train. Or try a PPQ subcompact (I think there’s one).
Have you handled the 365 versus the XL? Curious on the difference.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I knew CA was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad. I'm surprised Brandon hasn't used CA as model and banned all "hi-cap" firearms. Then it will be, any firearm capable of accepting a magazine over 10 rounds.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
On another note, I saw the new S&W dual magazine pump shotgun, but it's about 10-pounds fully loaded. I'm not spending over a grand for a club. :)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I knew CA was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad. I'm surprised Brandon hasn't used CA as model and banned all "hi-cap" firearms. Then it will be, any firearm capable of accepting a magazine over 10 rounds.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Remember when that stray SUV drove through Waukesha? (As reported by MSM)

Is that comment about a “stray SUV” based on actual reporting, and if so can you post some links to said reporting by a major media source? I can’t seem to find any such reporting. Or, are you just repeating just what the Fox/OANN/Newsmax/etc propaganda wing tells you to believe?

Seriously, I’d like to believe what you say but I can’t find anything to back up the comment.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Is that comment about a “stray SUV” based on actual reporting, and if so can you post some links to said reporting by a major media source? I can’t seem to find any such reporting. Or, are you just repeating just what the Fox/OANN/Newsmax/etc propaganda wing tells you to believe?

Seriously, I’d like to believe what you say but I can’t find anything to back up the comment.
Assuming that any politically aligned corporate media (including the sites you referenced) isn’t propaganda or gatekeepers, and if I don’t believe one then I MUST believe the other is pretty 1 dimensional. Not gonna spend the time researching this for you when you can do it yourself, but the news did not mention the murderer’s name until long after and kept focusing on the vehicle instead.

*Edit: nevermind, it took all of 5 seconds of an image search to find this

1A77EB88-3E00-4780-8BD4-34130AFF9CCA.jpeg

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Assuming that any politically aligned corporate media (including the sites you referenced) isn’t propaganda or gatekeepers, and if I don’t believe one then I MUST believe the other is pretty 1 dimensional. Not gonna spend the time researching this for you when you can do it yourself, but the news did not mention the murderer’s name until long after and kept focusing on the vehicle instead.

I did look around for some headlines, articles, etc on both sides of the spectrum, and found exactly zero reporting a “stray SUV.” There was plenty of “unknown driver in an SUV” or a “SUV driven through parade crowd.” This was the early reports on the timeline, and once the identity was released they all reported the name.

The only references I found calling into play the MSM downplaying the incident was from various right wing propaganda sites.

You made a statement, I looked for the original sources, not finding any I asked for you to provide them.

Clearly there is nothing of value and you’re simply posting some nonsense and trying to sell it as fact. If there was anything to substantiate your post I’m sure you’d be happy to give some source information to “own the lib” something something.

On topic: finally mounted the Williams sight to my CZ 455. Have a Gehmann adjustable aperture to install one of these days.

3B755A1E-51EB-466D-8B58-BEDE4212FB85.jpeg

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I did look around for some headlines, articles, etc on both sides of the spectrum, and found exactly zero reporting a “stray SUV.” There was plenty of “unknown driver in an SUV” or a “SUV driven through parade crowd.” This was the early reports on the timeline, and once the identity was released they all reported the name.

The only references I found calling into play the MSM downplaying the incident was from various right wing propaganda sites.

You made a statement, I looked for the original sources, not finding any I asked for you to provide them.

Clearly there is nothing of value and you’re simply posting some nonsense and trying to sell it as fact. If there was anything to substantiate your post I’m sure you’d be happy to give some source information to “own the lib” something something.

On topic: finally mounted the Williams sight to my CZ 455. Have a Gehmann adjustable aperture to install one of these days.

View attachment 237491
Now you’re mincing words and playing semantics because I proved my point. Can you not see that CNN tweet?

And as far as “owning the lib” (I’ve probably been a registered dem longer than you), you’re the one who picked a fight with me, junior.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Now you’re mincing words and playing semantics because I proved my point. Can you not see that CNN tweet?

And as far as “owning the lib” (I’ve probably been a registered dem longer than you), you’re the one who picked a fight with me, junior.

Clearly I quoted your post prior to your edit, but feel free to get in a tiff about that too.

So, this is all about a tweet? I guess I was looking for an actual story and details of someone shifting blame to the vehicle. All I could find from CNN in this case was reporting on the actual story, to include the name of the driver, for the week prior to said tweet. It truly seems like a stretch to call it CNN deflecting the blame to the vehicle, but I guess I’m not looking for outrage, nor mistake Twitter posts as a source of news… context matters. Though it appears the aforementioned right wing propaganda machine was looking for anything to pick at, and took that tweet for a ride. Shocked they didn’t add in something about canceling Christmas for good measure.

As for being a registered dem longer than me, you are right! Not much of a shock considering I’m not a registered anything, hell I’m not even registered to vote. 🤣