GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI/WRX depreciation

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Hey,
Does this depreciation model seem correct between wrx and gti,? Thought the gti would of depreciated more compared to wrx? Got this information from KBB 5 year cost of ownership

base wrx (26,200 fair market price) depreciation over 5 years
Depreciation: $14,671

gti sport model (25,800 fair market price) depreciation over 5 years
Depreciation: 16,495

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
lol, no.

WRX will always beat the GTI.

Those numbers are whack.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
I also would have guessed the WRX would have held its value better than the GTI and I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case in real life. Edmunds.com lists depreciation for both rights around $10,000 but take those calculations with a grain of salt.

Subaru's are pretty good at holding their value these days but I'd imagine the area of the county/world matters somewhat.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
sorry, should of explained it better, can see the confusion now. Its saying the wrx depreciates by 14,671 dollars over 5 years. The GTI depreciates 16,495 dollars over 5 years. So over 5 years wrx holds it's values by better by 2 grand. I just thought it would be more.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
oh yea that makes sense, yea i agree i thought it would be more. good for us i guess

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
dont ever really use kbb for trade in estimate and what not...they are always way higher...working at a dealer my gti for trade in was 12k with 24k miles...also depends on demographic and what not as well

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
dont ever really use kbb for trade in estimate and what not...they are always way higher...working at a dealer my gti for trade in was 12k with 24k miles...also depends on demographic and what not as well

wow only got 12k for it with 24,000 miles? How much did it depreciate?

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
checked edmunds, they have about 2 grand difference as well over 5 years in depreciation. WRX being worth 2 grand more

Hoon

Autocross Champion
WRX will be worth way more than an extra $2K.

Not buying those numbers.

VentoGT

Ready to race!
Cars are not investments :) And when it comes time to sell you have 2 choices--time or money. Dealers will pay below wholesale [or try to] and individuals will kick tires and waste your time. Buy what you like to drive. Or lease if you switch cars every 2-3 years.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Subarus might have terrible interiors, but they hold value unlike any other car out there. I don't think any other manufacturer even comes close. The last gen wagon WRX is the same price used as it was new.