GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti won’t start

andrewarteaga5

Hello can somebody help me, my gti won’t start I changed the alternator and my battery was fully charged the night before but when I tried turning on my car this morning it wouldn’t turn on but everything else was working just sounded it didn’t want to start also posting what the dashboard said

Attachments

• E9DE5373-D0FD-48D5-B654-7E168DE33D77.png
    E9DE5373-D0FD-48D5-B654-7E168DE33D77.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 71

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Check the charge on the battery again. Does the engine turn over or is it just dead? Why did you replace the alternator?

andrewarteaga5

Check the charge on the battery again. Does the engine turn over or is it just dead? Why did you replace the alternator?
Mechanic said my alternator was bad and it turned on when the battery was charged but the next day it would click like it wanted to start but it just couldn’t not sure if I would call that turning over

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's not turning over. Have you checked the battery voltage again? Check all the connections.

andrewarteaga5

My car actually turned on the battery was no good so I replaced the battery but not with the new battery I can’t reset my tire pressure and my other settings also a check England light turned on, not sure if just need to reset my car if so how would I do that