GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI w/ VWR springs: noise when turning, please help!

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Usually, it’s the endlinks causing creaks when turning after lowering. Improper length in the endlink. Install endlink lengthened correctly to eliminate load.
My GTI on lowered on VWr springs creaked for a couple years when turning until one snapped. When replaced with Neuspeed adjustable, lengthened properly, the creaks and pops went away

How do You determine proper end link adjustment?

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Usually, it’s the endlinks causing creaks when turning after lowering. Improper length in the endlink. Install endlink lengthened correctly to eliminate load.

How do You determine proper end link adjustment?
When there is no load on the swaybar when the car rests stationary on level ground. There’s several YouTube videos and methods available.

doctorGolfR

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK VII Golf R
i bought medium and large, wasn't sure about the size and because i had to buy them overseas didn't want to do it twice. both fit. actually the only difference was the length not the thickness i put the M between the bearings and the L in the middle.

Did you add these while the strut assembly was on the car?

Hyperlite

Go Kart Newbie
Just put some tein spring silencers on top between the bearing and the spring

Finally had the time to tear the suspension apart and try this fix, and I’m extremely happy to report that it worked!! My noise was definitely the spring skipping on the strut bearing. Huge thanks to Stanislao for the suggestion!