GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs WRX

doeboy

If he's like me, the wife can't drive a stick and won't try and learn. "Happy Wife, Happy Life". That's why I will need to get an auto after my wife made me trade in my 03 G35 coupe 6speed.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
GTI no-brainer. Significantly more luxurious, and your wife will think the GTI is "cute," i bet she'd think the new WRXs look like ass (bc they do). Also, gas mileage

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
CVT<DSG all day long. GTI is as good if not better in nearly every category, only thing the WRX has on the GTI is its AWD in climate weather.

dn0

Ready to race!
If you're gonna get an auto, you can't get any better than a DSG at that price range.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
If you want auto = GTI
If you want Manual = WRX

I test drove a manual WRX and GTI back to back. I decided to go with the GTI. sure the WRX may be a bit quicker and handle better, but it felt like it took more effort to drive well. The GTI was just a joy to drive and was effortless. The shifting in the WRX felt imprecise and clunky whereas the GTI felt tight and smooth.

My thinking is that (other than AWD) I can make the GTI perform as well as the WRX, but can't make the WRX feel like a GTI. The 2015 WRX interior is still crap. It may look better in pictures, but when you are in the car, you can tell they just put lipstick on a pig.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
The 2015 WRX interior is still crap. It may look better in pictures, but when you are in the car, you can tell they just put lipstick on a pig.

*strokes dash* *licks lips* *whispers to self* "dat superior interior doe"

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I actually preferred the 2014 WRX a interior over the 2015. Sure, they have some "soft touch" materials, but the plastic felt more flimsy. The door panels flexed as I opened and closed the doors...

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Wife can't drive manual. Need an auto "fun" family car.

Thank God I'm single lol. Because you have your mind set on automatic id say this is an easy choice. DSG is the only way to go and the ONLY automatic id consider anyways. Had you been open to a manual than we'd have a real debate on our hands.

GolfWang said:
*strokes dash* *licks lips* *whispers to self* "dat superior interior doe"

LOL this may be sig worthy