GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Mustang vs Alltrack vs Civic SI

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
But it's only bigger behind the rear seats, so is that really a benefit unless he has large dogs that he keeps back there? My dog rides in the rear seat, so it's not an issue for me. I'd start the whole "you don't need awd in NC" thing, but I think we've flogged that deceased equine sufficiently already (although I am actively shopping for a horse hide jacket in my other open window.)
Right.. but these aren't limos? Why would it be bigger in the passenger area?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yea I think I have definately narrowed it down to the Alltrack or the (another) GTI....I have a JB4 sitting on my shelf waiting.

My alltrack takes me in to the woods for ice fishing, regular fishing, camping, snowboarding, etc etc etc. It also scoots away from other cars. It also participates in mountain drives with GTI's and Rs. I normally don't get completely left.

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I love that you have a 6MT Alltrack. That is what my heart says get as they will probably never (its a long time I know) make another gas powered AWD manual transmission turbo charged wagon.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Right.. but these aren't limos? Why would it be bigger in the passenger area?
Some wagons they set the rear seats a little further back, giving you more passenger space and more cargo space. VW/Audi tends not to follow that practice though. Of course most wagons are now dead...

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Some wagons they set the rear seats a little further back, giving you more passenger space and more cargo space. VW/Audi tends not to follow that practice though. Of course most wagons are now dead...

I guess it's not the case because the Alltrack and Sportwagen are really compromises all around. Which is not a negative thing.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I love that you have a 6MT Alltrack. That is what my heart says get as they will probably never (its a long time I know) make another gas powered AWD manual transmission turbo charged wagon.

It carries all my stuff for outdoors. It satisfies my want for manual shifting and it's pretty quick. Pretty good on road trips also.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Someone's currently offering me 32K for my 2019 6MT GFG Alltrack with Marrakesh interior, Helix sub, OEM LED Headlights, APR Plus, rear sway, and paint protection. 15K miles, one owner, immaculate condition.

If that's the loadout you'd like you're welcome to bid against the other guy ;)

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

Factual.

The 2019 Alltrack was the last model year you could buy a manual station wagon in America, let alone a manual turbocharged AWD station wagon with a lifted suspension with near-infinite modding potential (everything that bolts up to a Golf R bolts up to an Alltrack).

That's why mine is worth more now than when I paid for it.