GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti vs merc A250

Saleh

Hi guys

First post all the way from Kuwait.

Has anyone driven the new gti back to back with the A250

How's the performance difference and what about the ride quality, unfortunately vw do not have the gti in stock yet plus they won't offer any test drive

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
i didn't drive one but it looks good :D

I've always wanted to race one but couldn't find someone who's willing :p

on paper the GTI is faster (according to magazines) cant remember which one exactly but it was much faster actually.

I'm shocked that its not available in Kuwait till now. I thought i saw G-force autoworks put one on their Instagram page and It has been launched in most gulf countries in July. i received mine on July 1st.

The new GTI drives much better than older models, and is Very Fun to drive.

Saleh

Not to sure about big diffrance in performance as per vw the gti does 0 to 100 km in 6.5 while the a250 amg engineered 6.6

What I would like to know is the overall performance

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I was wondering before buying my GTI as well, how good is the A250?!
it was the closest any car could get to being a GTI! at least on paper. and we all know it has the German quality the GTI always had.

to be honest I didn't drive an A250 yet but my brother an (ex-GTIer) did...he told me "if I were to buy any car that is NOT a GTI it would be that Merc!"
seats are way sportier than GTI, brakes are huge obviously; they came straight from AMG! gearbox is nice...BUT the cabin is tooooooo quite for a sports car!

main differences:
GTI 220hp 350nm 6speed weight 1370kg
A250 210hp 350nm 7speed weight 1445kg

you can barely differentiate the cars on paper.
but the fact that I could get a full option GTI for much less than the lowest option A250 made the decision easier for me...and I definitely made the right decision with an evidence of a smile-on-my-face everytime I drive the car regardless fast or slow cruising :)

gtiw7

Ready to race!
plus with A250 Merc was actually trying to copy the GTI, even they copied the iconic red stripe... I would rather have the original ;)

wait for the GTI!! thank me later :D

Saleh

Just bought the merc, it looks much better than the gti plus the merc has a much better resale value in Kuwait

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Congrats bro, but you can't say it looks much better, after all looks are subjective :D

Tyrant2

Passed Driver's Ed
Mabrook on the A250!

The A250 looks really nice, seen a few around and was intrigued. went to the dealer to take a closer look but the interior was kinda ok but the price was a significant difference.
walked away liking my GTI even more :).

Saleh

Tyrant the price diffrance in Kuwait is around 2000KD, plus one of the reasons that made me go for the Merc is that my wife will be useing it till her new ride arrives

Asqallaf

Passed Driver's Ed
Mk7 vs A250 amg

Hello guys!
I just got my MK7 GTI a week ago. Before I decided to get the mk7 I went to see the A250. In my opinion the A-class is a great car but not as great as the GTI. The A250 looks good from the inside and out, what I liked the most was it's big seats which are really supportive more than the GTI's and the AMG styled interior which is just great. When I test drived the car I liked it until I test drived my friend's MK7! The mercedes in my opinion is not as fun to drive as the GTI, what I noticed that the GTI is well more stable than the A250 and is more responsive! About performance the GTI is so much better because it just always gives you the feeling where you want to put down your foot! On the other hand, the AMG was not like that, it just felt like a lazy car in my opinion. Another thing is the exhaust system on the GTI, it just sounds great, where in the A250 the exhaust noise was low and wasn't as good at all! Furthermore, the A-class had some more interesting options like the Automatic seats, lane assist, radar and an auto diming rear mirror. All these option does not exist in the "full option" GTI here in Kuwait. The A-class costs 2500KD more than the GTI which does not deserve it but at the end it just because its a Merc! One more thing, the GTI is a well known car, has its history and thats what makes you trust such a car! On the other hand, the A-class? What is it? It just a new car in the market which Benz created to challange the GTI, which they failed at. This is just my opinion, it's not because I own the MK7 that I'm prefering it over the A-class its just that I liked the GTI more, the A-class is still a good car but I would choose the GTI anyday over it. About the GTI and the Merc side by side, I raced the A250 2 days ago, we were both at a red light, I don't know the guy but I asked if he wanted to race and he was up for it. Whe the lights turned green we both steped on it, the results? We speeded up to 140km/h and I was in the lead, by about half or 3/4 of a car. That race was not a proper race because i felt like both cars were not giving it all. Im trying to find someone who own a Merc so that we could make a proper race and find out who is best. Sorry about the long post but I just wanted to deliver my opinion.

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Hello guys!
I just got my MK7 GTI a week ago. Before I decided to get the mk7 I went to see the A250. In my opinion the A-class is a great car but not as great as the GTI. The A250 looks good from the inside and out, what I liked the most was it's big seats which are really supportive more than the GTI's and the AMG styled interior which is just great. When I test drived the car I liked it until I test drived my friend's MK7! The mercedes in my opinion is not as fun to drive as the GTI, what I noticed that the GTI is well more stable than the A250 and is more responsive! About performance the GTI is so much better because it just always gives you the feeling where you want to put down your foot! On the other hand, the AMG was not like that, it just felt like a lazy car in my opinion. Another thing is the exhaust system on the GTI, it just sounds great, where in the A250 the exhaust noise was low and wasn't as good at all! Furthermore, the A-class had some more interesting options like the Automatic seats, lane assist, radar and an auto diming rear mirror. All these option does not exist in the "full option" GTI here in Kuwait. The A-class costs 2500KD more than the GTI which does not deserve it but at the end it just because its a Merc! One more thing, the GTI is a well known car, has its history and thats what makes you trust such a car! On the other hand, the A-class? What is it? It just a new car in the market which Benz created to challange the GTI, which they failed at. This is just my opinion, it's not because I own the MK7 that I'm prefering it over the A-class its just that I liked the GTI more, the A-class is still a good car but I would choose the GTI anyday over it. About the GTI and the Merc side by side, I raced the A250 2 days ago, we were both at a red light, I don't know the guy but I asked if he wanted to race and he was up for it. Whe the lights turned green we both steped on it, the results? We speeded up to 140km/h and I was in the lead, by about half or 3/4 of a car. That race was not a proper race because i felt like both cars were not giving it all. Im trying to find someone who own a Merc so that we could make a proper race and find out who is best. Sorry about the long post but I just wanted to deliver my opinion.

Of course you are talking about the "AMG look", not the "real thing"? The AMG engineered A would leave you wondering which way it went...

Asqallaf

Passed Driver's Ed
Of course you are talking about the "AMG look", not the "real thing"? The AMG engineered A would leave you wondering which way it went...

Yes im talking about the "AMG Look", the A45 AMG is on a whole other level! The A45 AMG Edition 1 is just perfect.