GTI vs 2011 Kia Optima SX

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
Optima SX specs:
274 hp; 269 lb-ft tq
0-60 time: 6.5 sec
3,385 lbs
22/34 mpg

Looks pretty damn good, too. It's still a Kia but it doesn't look like one. What do you think?

pressure drop

Ready to race!
Kia/Hyundai have come a long way. Those are great numbers for a 25k car, especially one with an interior and finish as nice as that.

If they can keep this up while keeping prices low, I foresee a Korean car in my garage in the near future. The gencoupe will be a world beater in another two revisions.

kyclops

Ready to race!
After test driving the forte koup, I don't see kia as an ugly step child anymore. It was actually a nice car.

I think we could still take one of these stock though.

Gjergj

Ready to race!
I agree a very good looking car.do a test drive back to back, always works for me.when I got the gti I drove a ms3, evo, sti, gti. All in one day.

Sent from my htc evo

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Optima SX specs:
274 hp; 269 lb-ft tq
0-60 time: 6.5 sec
3,385 lbs
22/34 mpg

What do you think?

I think that if this engine was in the Genesis Coupe 2.0, I would've had a much harder time making up my mind.

I also don't get how this engine can get better mpg than the gti when it's making so much more power and torque, and pulling 200 more pounds! Progress? Sure, but shit, is the TSI old news already? What will be out there in another 2 years? Maybe I won't be holding on to my CW longer than 4 years at this rate.

UKGTI1

Ready to race!
I think that picture is a little flattering to be honest.....and it looks lowered to me. Take a look at the pictures on the Kia website and it is not so pretty.

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
I think that picture is a little flattering to be honest.....and it looks lowered to me. Take a look at the pictures on the Kia website and it is not so pretty.

The picture on the Kia webiste looks rendering so it is not accurate.

It is what it is.

RAYZGTI

Ready to race!
whaaaat?

Might be gettn one............... I was gonna use sum funds to get some wheels for the wifes CC( the ones in the last pic) but now the Wifes not diggn the 4 seater CC we got says its not practical..........and for the price u cant beat the SX Optima, almost 6 grand cheaper than our R-line espeacially if i make it look like this! check it out............looks just as nice if not nicer then my CC....I test drove it and was like WHAAAAAT? This thing is pretty nice.........:iono:

Attachments

• 1633_xlarge.jpg
    1633_xlarge.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 3,115
  • psc11289749071.jpg
    psc11289749071.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,523
  • psc11289749074.jpg
    psc11289749074.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,320
  • gti and cc pics 045.jpg
    gti and cc pics 045.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 329
  • gti and cc pics 027.jpg
    gti and cc pics 027.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 406
  • 4562116241_9a181924b7_b.jpg
    4562116241_9a181924b7_b.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 534

ick

Ready to race!
This was a car I seriously considered. Drove one. I was impressed. Twin turbo with direct injection and it put out some power. Ultimately, Kia had yet to get many of them into the country when I was ready to buy, I couldn't find one that was equipped the way I wanted it and they've had some issues with these cars pulling while driving in a straight line. Too unproven just yet... they are nice though.