GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI suspension height

Terra

Passed Driver's Ed
I live in Brazil and I would like to know the GTI front suspension height around the world.
Here there are 140mm between the fender and the wheel (picture below).

I belive that European GTIs are lower than Brasilian cars.

Thanks

Attachments

• Altura 1.JPG
    Altura 1.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 843

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Surely it will depend upon the wheels and tyres fitted.

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
It's a difficult one to measure as the top of the tyre is slightly curved at the edge. Anyway I make it about 45 - 50mm, which should be 15mm less than the standard car - and considerably less than yours!!

Wheel size make very little difference as the tyre walls are smaller, the bigger the wheel (and visa versa)...

CORRECTION!!

I see now where you are measuring and that indeed will be dependent on wheel size and it's not 45-50 mm on mine. Out to remeasure...

BACK AGAIN!

I make it 130mm on 17" winter wheels. I have 18 Austins for the summer and with 25.4 mm to the inch and assuming the rim will be that much bigger diameter top and bottom the disatnce on 18" wheels should be 130 - (25.4/2) = 117.3.

I'll have to lie down now...

Last edited:

Terra

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you so much GTI-7 - Performance! :D
I thought my GTI was 10 or 15mm higher than European GTIs and you confirmed for me. Using 17" wheels: 140mm in Brasil and 130mm in Switzerland.
Now, I'll try to find out if the springs or shocks absorbers are different... before to import the OEM European parts. :cool:

My GTI parts (see pictures below)
Shocks code: 5Q0 412 037 JF
Springs code: White / Violet (Pink) / Green

Attachments

• Código amortecedor.jpg
    Código amortecedor.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 720
  • Código mola.JPG
    Código mola.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 686