GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Service Contract -105,000km (Al Nabooda)

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

I just got off the phone with Al Nabooda Service in Dubai, and got some info regarding a service contract up to 105,000km.

The price is around AED9000 and basically covers all service intervals every 15k and one-time replacement of the brakes.

I was told, that it's not very popular, because each service (except 60k) is only supposedly around AED700, and the 60k service (which is apparently their major service) costs around AED3000

Also, he says that with the contract, you have to 100% go to their service center before the km have passed, so if you have a service at 60k, you HAVE to go there either before or exactly ON 60k, while you can run over your service interval when doing individual services "without problems".

What do you guys think? I'm personally and absolutely into service contracts, as this gives me nothing to worry about moneywise, however, it does cost AED3900 more than the individual services and i don't see what benefits this would bring.

Also, you have to purchase a service contract either before or on your 45k service, if you got the 45,000 km service contract when you purchased your gti at Al nabooda.

Any thoughts?

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
I'm not sure what the waiting period is to get a service appointment, but I heard it could take as long as a month to get it. So if you're not vigilant enough, you might run into occasions where you give your car to service after the actual interval. So what happens then? Would the service contract be void for that and you'd have to pay cash for it? Because that would make no sense to me at all. And 3900 is quite steep in my opinion. Worth reading http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0054-auto-service-contracts-and-warranties

For my previous car, the service advisor was nice enough to tell me that there's no use getting one. lol. Also, in the case of an accident, and the car is not agency repaired, I'm not sure how that affects the service contract.

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Service contracts with Naboodah are funny. I currently have up to 45k or 3 years when I asked for the 100k they told me that 100k can be provided but it will also be valid for a maximum of 3 years. This was for the r not the gti.

Makes me think that maybe after 3 years my engine might fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk