GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI S EQT XL vs 2020 tuned Supra

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

FirstCarGolfR16

Passed Driver's Ed
Its out of topic question but I need to decide soon.
Would I drive 4-5 hours to get my big turbo stage3 tuned by UM since I used to be stage 2 UM or get it remote tune from EQtune? since we dont have really good local tuners here.
Appreciate any good suggestions.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Its out of topic question but I need to decide soon.
Would I drive 4-5 hours to get my big turbo stage3 tuned by UM since I used to be stage 2 UM or get it remote tune from EQtune? since we dont have really good local tuners here.
Appreciate any good suggestions.

If you're talking about a remote dyno tune with EQT then yes. Or even a protune. I'm getting a remote dyno tune with EQT on Monday.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Do I need to purchase Cobb AP? do you have anymore detail how the remote tune will be done and if I need Laptop?
Let me know how did it go!

Yes you'll need a Cobb AP. A remote tune is done by going to a local dyno shop and pay for dyno time and EQT will send files that get installed on the AP and refined after some dyno pulls. A protune means you'll have to do logging on the street and then the tuner will send you revisions until you reach your final tune. You'll need a computer to put the tune they send you onto the AP. You will have the choice of several different tuners who tune on Cobb. You will then have full control to flash tunes in your driveway from the AP without using a computer or going to a dealer.

FirstCarGolfR16

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes you'll need a Cobb AP. A remote tune is done by going to a local dyno shop and pay for dyno time and EQT will send files that get installed on the AP and refined after some dyno pulls. A protune means you'll have to do logging on the street and then the tuner will send you revisions until you reach your final tune. You'll need a computer to put the tune they send you onto the AP. You will have the choice of several different tuners who tune on Cobb. You will then have full control to flash tunes in your driveway from the AP without using a computer or going to a dealer.

How about using EcuTek ProEcu over Cobb AP? do you know the difference between them?

Navi

Autocross Champion