GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI S EQT XL vs 2020 tuned Supra

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
A guy that lives down the street from me, him and his wife both have 2020 Supras (i know right). Got to talking to him and he wanted to know how fast my car was. Long story short we will do some roll races (closed private rolls or in mexico of course) because there is no way I can take him from a dig on FWD. After talking a little more he has a tune and downpipe already installed, so it went from it should be a good race to now thinking i'm going to get stomped. Anyone seen these in action? I looked at a few youtube videos and some dyno numbers. Only thing I have an advantage on would be weight at this point. Im thinking I might even have to take the car seats and back seat out for this one to keep it close.

I have a pm4 on the way to get all my tunes redone for the EQT-XL.

Mods:
Intake
turboback
intercooler
LPFP HPFP
MPI
5 Bar Map

Want to hear predictions/experiences if you have them.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What fuel?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Pump vs Pump or Eth vs Eth, I think you have the upper hand Matt due to weight advantage. Now if he had a single turbo MKIV Supra with his current mods, then he would murder you.

Edit: Why the hell do they both have new Supra's? They must be newlyweds or have no kids...

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Pump vs Pump or Eth vs Eth, I think you have the upper hand Matt due to weight advantage. Now if he had a single turbo MKIV Supra with his current mods, then he would murder you.

Edit: Why the hell do they both have new Supra's? They must be newlyweds or have no kids...
Or they just have "fuck you" money. Maybe hes a bitcoin millionaire lol. I would be a lot richer if I wasnt an idiot and deleted my bitcoin wallet with 1 whole bitcoin in it in 2013 when the price was 30 bucks per...

Anyway, subbing for results, this should be good

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I will be on ethanol. He works on Oceana Drew, so i think he blends a little E.

Talking to the guy apparently he used to own a CTS-V as his fun car before that.

Funny enough I ordered the Free Supra poster they were giving away a few months ago so I gave him the poster because obviously he is a bigger fan than i am. I will just try to pull weight out within reason because this is my daily and i guess i will have to remove the roof rack :(

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
From videos they are quick.
Pull well from stop and hook up even stock.
Weight is not a lot more.
Tuned they do even better.
Depending how long the race is he should slowly pull away if he gets a decent start even with you.
Supera more impressive than most think .

Mk7_Harare

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you done any 60-130 runs with dragy? I check the dragy app and there are a few tuned supras on there that have done 60-130 runs which you could compare to?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
stock supra weighs 3400lbs, stock 2016gti wieghs 2900-3100. I would say pull back seats, spare tires and jack. remove roof rack. you could have a 500lb weight diff. Not sure if your DSG or 6MT, if 6mt no shot from a digg. DSG with launch control maybe its closer. Roll I think you got em 10/10 times

Hoon

Autocross Champion
From videos they are quick.
Pull well from stop and hook up even stock.
Weight is not a lot more.
Tuned they do even better.
Depending how long the race is he should slowly pull away if he gets a decent start even with you.
Supera more impressive than most think .

They're going to be impressive, but only because they will get more aftermarket support than just about any other platform that's been introduced in the last 5+ years.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
They're going to be impressive, but only because they will get more aftermarket support than just about any other platform that's been introduced in the last 5+ years.

I say impressive because many thought it would not be that good of a car and many thought BMW better than Toyota, but early dyno and 0-60 runs show Toyota did better homework on engine tune and they are under rated.
Adam LZ had run under 10sec in I think a 1/4 mile run Lot of work and slicks however.