GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI S/Autobahn interior swap

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I just swapped gti seats into my golf. Everything works fine but I’m getting airbag and seatbelt light every time I start the car.

I Cleared with obdeleven but it keeps coming back. Is vcds needed? I also disconnected my battery before starting. But still popped up.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I just swapped gti seats into my golf. Everything works fine but I’m getting airbag and seatbelt light every time I start the car.

I Cleared with obdeleven but it keeps coming back. Is vcds needed? I also disconnected my battery before starting. But still popped up.

You need to swap the modules that are attached to the underside of the passenger seat. They are connected to the seat with a single screw and a single connector.

I had the same issue as you and the only way I found to fix it was to exchange the modules.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Thanks! I just swapped them out and cleared codes with obdeleven. Seems to be gone now, haven't driven it yet to be sure. But I turned on/off a few times and it looks like it worked.

VentoGT

Ready to race!

For anyone interested it can be done and all power features in Autobahn seats work perfectly in the base models. As said above there is a small module mounted to the underside of the passenger seat that will need to be swapped but it is as easy as 1 screw and 1 connector.

Love my new Clarks!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Effing awesome. This is one of the first things I want to do to mine when I take delivery [aka when my dealer can horse trade for a manual that does not exist on their lot]--where did you find the seats? How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking? And module-wise...is that an orderable part from VWoA? Trying to budget what it will cost.

Borsig

Im getting ready to do this swap - seats from an SEL wagon (sport, power 12 way) going into an SE golf (power recline only).

The modules stay with the seats? Or with the car? (confused there)

Plugs all match up or?

I do have a VCDS tool.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Im getting ready to do this swap - seats from an SEL wagon (sport, power 12 way) going into an SE golf (power recline only).

The modules stay with the seats? Or with the car? (confused there)

Plugs all match up or?

I do have a VCDS tool.

All the plugs should match. The ecu in your car will only recognize the seat module that came in your car originally (which is mounted under the passenger seat). You need to mount this module to your new seats otherwise you will get an airbag light and seat belt warning light/chime.

Before Seat Swap
Car A: Seats A/Module A
Car B: Seats B/Module B

After Seat Swap
Car A: Seats B/Module A
Car B: Seats A/Module B

If you do not swap the modules you will not be able to clear the codes with VCDS; I know this from first hand experience...

Borsig

All the plugs should match. The ecu in your car will only recognize the seat module that came in your car originally (which is mounted under the passenger seat). You need to mount this module to your new seats otherwise you will get an airbag light and seat belt warning light/chime.

Before Seat Swap
Car A: Seats A/Module A
Car B: Seats B/Module B

After Seat Swap
Car A: Seats B/Module A
Car B: Seats A/Module B

If you do not swap the modules you will not be able to clear the codes with VCDS; I know this from first hand experience...

Excellent, thanks. Both cars are (or will be) mine. Seats from my SE wagon will go in my new SE (with 15k ish miles) golf, before the wagon gets turned in. 70K on those seats and hey sill look new, but the SE seats just kill my back. The lumbar in the SE seats is not good.

Borsig

FYI this was not the case with my swap.

Putting SEL (wagon) seats into an se (hatch) The module had to stay with the seats, not the car. The module from the se would not recognize the SEL seats. I had a code vcds would not clear.
Swapping back to the module that was originally mounted to the seats allowed the code to be cleared with vcds.

All plugs were the exact same between the se golf, and SEL wagon. The power seat got power from the SEL plug just fine.

One large black, one small black 2 wire and a yellow plug. I'm. Betting the yellow is the airbag. Airbag plugs are usually red and yellow I think

Borsig

Well now its throwing codes.

The module that came with the car gets a "no signal from module" error.

The module that came with the seats gets a " Not programmed" error.

Guess I have to take it to the dealer to clear, because VCDS can't do anything with it.

For reassurance - NEITHER module works, and vcds won't clear with either.

Robw991Turbo

Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
Well now its throwing codes.

The module that came with the car gets a "no signal from module" error.

The module that came with the seats gets a " Not programmed" error.

Guess I have to take it to the dealer to clear, because VCDS can't do anything with it.

For reassurance - NEITHER module works, and vcds won't clear with either.
Disconnect battery and swap occupancy module form passenger seat and you will have no problems. Reuse harness from original seats.

D3D4882A-D518-4ABF-B4C1-3B0B0276CC32.jpeg

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Anyone know with a 2019 s Gti can you swap in Se seats or golf R seats easily?

4MoJoe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf Alltrack S
Man I'd do this in a heartbeat - I really LOVE the clark plaid. The leather I have is nice but gimme the plaid!