GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Rabbit mpg

Does that mean that all dealerships should have this TSB and would this apply to all 2019 variants including the DSG?
As far as I know, it only applies to manuals and I haven't actually seen the bulletin. If it exists, all dealers should have access.

What kind of gas mileage are you getting?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

newtonty

I have the DSG but I normally achieve 21-25mpg city depending on how spirited I am feeling. Highway around 35-38mpg. 93 octane if it matters. I get rough idle at cold starts from time to time and wonder if the higher weight oil would help. I would find it hard to believe that half the rabbits would be on different oil going forward(DSG). You never know.

That's completely normal gas mileage.

The rough idle might be due to 0w-20 oil, but I have no idea.

You could always do a fill with 5w-30 and see if it resolves.

ImMrMeeseeks

Ready to race!
I get around 18 in pure city (stop and go traffic and drive throughs mixed in) and I've gotten 36 mpg on a full tank of pure highway on a road trip going 75
Going 80 on that same road trip put me down to 31 mpg

2019 manual rabbit

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yep, aero really takes a toll over 75 mph. My 2018 still gets a little better mileage than my 2019 Rabbit though.

Last edited:

Nickva

My 2019 Rabbit has a little over 5K miles now. I took it for a road trip in July from Virginia to Dayton Florida and back. Average about 32 mpg with loaded and 4 passengers.(two kids) ac blasting all the way. Speed range from 65-115 mph. But most of the time cruising at 80 mph. Just got the first oil change at 5K with factory Castrol 0W-20 and tires rotation done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk