GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI parts on TSI?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
What is the price difference between a TSI and GTI?

How much are you going to be spending on these mods to get the look and feel of a stock GTI?

If you take the amount of parts+time and add those to the base cost of the TSI, now how close to the GTI you want are you?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What is the price difference between a TSI and GTI?

How much are you going to be spending on these mods to get the look and feel of a stock GTI?

If you take the amount of parts+time and add those to the base cost of the TSI, now how close to the GTI you want are you?

Depends on the options. A GTI S can be about the same price as a TSI with all the options.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Now they are probably much closer, but in 2016, it was an 8k difference between tsi S and gti S w/ PP LP. Not apples to apples, but that was the deciding factor for me. APR tune $750. Stoptech brakes $1250. Audi 18x8 Wheels $425 (since changed)

So better performance than GTI and still $5k less. No LSD or xenon, but still happy with decision.

Next logical step would be the R, not GTI.

And here's the rice.

Attachments

• 20191228_095237.jpg
    20191228_095237.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 167

Elwood

3-7-77
I have a few GTI bits on my TSI. Brakes (not PP). Front sway bar. The front struts are 50mm on the TSI and 55mm on the GTI, so you can't swap. Aftermarket support for the suspension is great, however. I have a GIAC tune (227 hp).

Ticky

I have a TSI GT 1.4 and I want to install a GTI exhaust to it I was just wondering if I would have to remap the engine for it to fit or have any problems. Also don’t know which exhaust to get that will fit so if anyone has recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I’d rather get a mk6 R than a new TSI for the price.