GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI parts on TSI?

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Do some GTI parts fit on TSI's? Like coilovers,SRI/CAI, etc? I do not currently own a golf, however I joined the forums to gain insight and learn before buying anything. I want a GTI, however having just been a fresh college grad starting work in 3 weeks, I'd be barely cutting it with payments for one, so a TSI would suffice probably. I don't plan on modding much in terms of trying to race, drag, etc.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
You can throw a Stage 1 tune on a Golf TSI and have close to, if not more power than a stock GTI anyway. Just different suspension and interior.

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Mostly not, but the TSI has great aftermarket support.

If possible could you lead me to some links or sources? Had been pre searching around but can barely find anything myself for mk7 TSI's , unless imooking around the wrong way.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Last edited:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Dang that's pretty good for just an ecu flash and no physical mods. BTW my question is regadds to 1.8 tsi not 1.4 models. I've seen some cars that have gti exhausts but they just used different sized adapters since the gti factory pipes are little bigger than the tsi. But was wondering about other parts such as suspension, intake, etc.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
I wondering if the TSI can use the axle back exhaust and rear diffuser from the GTI double tip?

I will put mine for sale as I'm upgrading my exhaust

yup. the diffuser can be swapped onto the golf. you just need to swap the exhaust tips to fit the openings

anjoVW

Ready to race!
yup. the diffuser can be swapped onto the golf. you just need to swap the exhaust tips to fit the openings

That's great to hear. One of the exhausts I was looking into was the remus catback exhaust with the quad tips. it comes with a carbon diffuser, so if I can simple swap that out with the TSI valance no problem then I'm one happy future owner lol.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
dont rice out a tsi just get the gti instead

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
And then rice out the GTI. ?
exactly

on a serious note you'll probably be able to find a used GLI for cheaper than a used GTI, which should be quicker and more aftermarket-friendly than the TSI

Last edited: