GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

GTI parts on TSI?

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Do some GTI parts fit on TSI's? Like coilovers,SRI/CAI, etc? I do not currently own a golf, however I joined the forums to gain insight and learn before buying anything. I want a GTI, however having just been a fresh college grad starting work in 3 weeks, I'd be barely cutting it with payments for one, so a TSI would suffice probably. I don't plan on modding much in terms of trying to race, drag, etc.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Ride
2015 Golf R
You can throw a Stage 1 tune on a Golf TSI and have close to, if not more power than a stock GTI anyway. Just different suspension and interior.

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Dang that's pretty good for just an ecu flash and no physical mods. BTW my question is regadds to 1.8 tsi not 1.4 models. I've seen some cars that have gti exhausts but they just used different sized adapters since the gti factory pipes are little bigger than the tsi. But was wondering about other parts such as suspension, intake, etc.

DanSan

meerkat
Ride
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
I wondering if the TSI can use the axle back exhaust and rear diffuser from the GTI double tip?

I will put mine for sale as I'm upgrading my exhaust
yup. the diffuser can be swapped onto the golf. you just need to swap the exhaust tips to fit the openings

anjoVW

Ready to race!
yup. the diffuser can be swapped onto the golf. you just need to swap the exhaust tips to fit the openings
That's great to hear. One of the exhausts I was looking into was the remus catback exhaust with the quad tips. it comes with a carbon diffuser, so if I can simple swap that out with the TSI valance no problem then I'm one happy future owner lol.

Corprin

Go Kart Champion
What is the price difference between a TSI and GTI?

How much are you going to be spending on these mods to get the look and feel of a stock GTI?

If you take the amount of parts+time and add those to the base cost of the TSI, now how close to the GTI you want are you?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Newbie
Ride
2018 SE DSG
What is the price difference between a TSI and GTI?

How much are you going to be spending on these mods to get the look and feel of a stock GTI?

If you take the amount of parts+time and add those to the base cost of the TSI, now how close to the GTI you want are you?
Depends on the options. A GTI S can be about the same price as a TSI with all the options.

MonkeyMD

Drag Race Newbie
Now they are probably much closer, but in 2016, it was an 8k difference between tsi S and gti S w/ PP LP. Not apples to apples, but that was the deciding factor for me. APR tune $750. Stoptech brakes $1250. Audi 18x8 Wheels $425 (since changed)

So better performance than GTI and still $5k less. No LSD or xenon, but still happy with decision.

Next logical step would be the R, not GTI.

And here's the rice.

Attachments

Elwood

3-7-77
I have a few GTI bits on my TSI. Brakes (not PP). Front sway bar. The front struts are 50mm on the TSI and 55mm on the GTI, so you can't swap. Aftermarket support for the suspension is great, however. I have a GIAC tune (227 hp).

Ticky

I have a TSI GT 1.4 and I want to install a GTI exhaust to it I was just wondering if I would have to remap the engine for it to fit or have any problems. Also don’t know which exhaust to get that will fit so if anyone has recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.