GOLFMKV

GTI November Incentives 11/1/18

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
All VW/VCI Incentives are valid 11/1/18-1/2/19:

2018 GTI:

Dealer Cash: $2000 (Cash, Bank/CU financing or VCI Std APR only)

Special APR: 1.9%/60mo, 2.9%/72mo, 3.4%/84mo, $1000 VCI APR Dealer Bonus Cash

Dealers 1st choice: +1% to Special APR, $1500 VCI APR Dealer Bonus Cash

Dealers 2nd choice: +2% to Special APR, $2000 VCI APR Dealer Bonus Cash

Lease: .00060/36mo 50% RV, .00110/48mo 43% RV

If these incentives look familiar, its because they are. As expected, the 2018 GTI is not as heavily incentivized as the 2017 was a year ago, for reasons discussed in many other threads. Additionally, import tariffs are causing many automakers to cut back on their incentive program expenditures. We may see holiday bonus cash toward the end of the month, but it will probably be around $500. Given the current interest rates, your best bet may be special financing through VCI, though this is strictly opinion as I am not qualified to dispense sound financial advice. The VW Partner Program discount is still in effect, through which you will receive automatic $500 off dealer invoice on any VW (excl Golf R), plus whatever incentives you'd normally receive. If you don't already qualify for VW Partner Program through your employer, you can join SCCA (at least 30 days prior to purchase per VWPP official rules) for $75 and receive the discount that way.

As usual, any updates will be posted here. Good luck, and good hunting.

Last edited:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG

If you're unhappy with the timeliness of the delivery of the privileged information I am sharing, at no cost to you, feel free to go find it elsewhere. Otherwise, you may kindly go f%ck, in an offwardly direction.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Thanks for the info! Any idea of when the 2019's will start hitting the lots?

Sadly, I do not. I imagine it won't be too much longer, since the order guides have already been published, but so far I haven't seen anything else. Our first notice that they're official for sale will be when VCI releases an updated residual guide that includes 2019 GTI, but that will probably be the same day the transporters arrive at the dealers.

wantone

Ready to race!
Sadly, I do not. I imagine it won't be too much longer, since the order guides have already been published, but so far I haven't seen anything else. Our first notice that they're official for sale will be when VCI releases an updated residual guide that includes 2019 GTI, but that will probably be the same day the transporters arrive at the dealers.

As always thanks for the info. No one probably knows when the 2019's will arrive until we see the ads. I just don't remember what was going on last year at this same time and when the 2018's hit and how many 2017's were left this same time last year. I know it was an odd year last year. Again I bought 3.31.18 and dealer cash was at the highest and very few GTI's left anywhere. Really there were few left by February.

Still a lot of 2018 inventory left now for the most part. If the 2019's hit soon it will be interesting.

Chuhsi

Thank you for sharing this info! I’m trying to buy an S. Hoping to see cash incentives later this month!

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Thank you for sharing this info! I’m trying to buy an S. Hoping to see cash incentives later this month!

Look for Black Friday/Holiday cash on the VW website starting next week, if they decide to do it. We tend to receive notices for advertised offers the same day they go live.

cleanmk7_5

Hey i'm currently looking for a Tornado Red 2018 GTI SE DSG and im getting lowest offer @ $30,600 after fees tax TTL etc (33k MSRP) but also have to Finance through the dealership. Problem is the Tornado Red is what I'm looking for and the next closest one to me is 1000 miles away. I was initially trying to get them to go down to at least 28,500-29,000 after Fees sales tax ttl etc. They said they cant go ANY lower than 30,600. Should I wait until begining of year? And or should I just wait for 2019's to come out around April? Or should I be okay with 30.6 since it is the only TR SE close to me not to mention possibly one of only a few left nationwide. Also VCI is Volkswagen Cash Incentive? TIA

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I dont think dealers are going to get any more 2018s. Also there isnt any signs of 2019s hitting the dealerships as well. So the dealers are taking advantage of the situation. If you are flexible with the options in the vehicle, waiting longer might be an option but its going to be a gamble.

Typically new MY vehicles hit the showrooms by previous fall (2019s should have hit dealer lots by now). 2018s were delayed for a very long time and looks like 2019s are going to be delayed as well.

Cjburn

Passed Driver's Ed
I waited too long last year and maybe lost out on 1k of savings to get the car I wanted, in September. I really appreciated all the help I got here a lot, it saved me substantially.

TheRican

All VW/VCI Incentives are valid 11/1/18-1/2/19:

2018 GTI:

Dealer Cash: $2000 (Cash, Bank/CU financing or VCI Std APR only)

Special APR: 1.9%/60mo, 2.9%/72mo, 3.4%/84mo, $1000 VCI APR Dealer Bonus Cash

Dealers 1st choice: +1% to Special APR, $1500 VCI APR Dealer Bonus Cash

Dealers 2nd choice: +2% to Special APR, $2000 VCI APR Dealer Bonus Cash

Lease: .00060/36mo 50% RV, .00110/48mo 43% RV

If these incentives look familiar, its because they are. As expected, the 2018 GTI is not as heavily incentivized as the 2017 was a year ago, for reasons discussed in many other threads. Additionally, import tariffs are causing many automakers to cut back on their incentive program expenditures. We may see holiday bonus cash toward the end of the month, but it will probably be around $500. Given the current interest rates, your best bet may be special financing through VCI, though this is strictly opinion as I am not qualified to dispense sound financial advice. The VW Partner Program discount is still in effect, through which you will receive automatic $500 off dealer invoice on any VW (excl Golf R), plus whatever incentives you'd normally receive. If you don't already qualify for VW Partner Program through your employer, you can join SCCA (at least 30 days prior to purchase per VWPP official rules) for $75 and receive the discount that way.

As usual, any updates will be posted here. Good luck, and good hunting.

Can you explain the options above more? Not sure I understand - definitely was told only APR was incentives.. so they are holding that 2k to their chest?