GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK7 totaled, can I sell spare key fob?

icefox1

My beautiful white GTI MK7 Sport stick shift baby was just totaled. Was stopping at a red light. A Kia came down a highway ramp at at least 70mph, hit the curb, flew over 10 feet of median and rammed right into an SUV to my left. That poor car then knocked into my left rear. Both left side airbags exploded, the left rear door, quarter and suspension were done for, and the car was totaled. I was extremely lucky to walked away unscathed, being in a secondary impact. Three people from these two cars were all carried away in ambulances. That would be me if I were in the left lane.

Grief aside, I still have the second key fob (programmed to my car, of course). Can I sell it? Could someone buy and program it to his/her car?

Attachments

• tempImageC4C0h0.png
    tempImageC4C0h0.png
    12.4 MB · Views: 65

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I will say yes but idk how much to ask. I would guess up to $50 but if someone offered me $30 I'd take it. Spare tire/jack is worth more. That sux as if you didn't know but walk away spend the $30 on Lotto in hopes you are lucky 2x

I would try and sell both

Mud

icefox1

Thanks Mud. It was my first serious accident. I was so shocked and just walked away leaving everything in the car to be towed. Now the car is insurance property. Could have salvaged a few more things in hindsight, but I guess I was grateful enough to be able to walk away.

Turbongr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7
Drag man. At least it looks like everything worked as it should have in the collision.

My buddy deals in Audi parts and gets good money for a lot of things you wouldn't necessarily think would bring $ (100ish for visor clips) so there was a lot to sell.....don't imagine a fob is high on that list but......good luck and congrats for walking away.