GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK7 Infotainment goes off every 5-6 mins

No1carever

Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
2016 GTI, the screen goes off after 5-6 mins of driving. After holding on/off button for 10 secs, it reboots and lasts another 5 mins, this continues. I tried disconnecting from battery and not connecting iPhone, but it still goes off every 5 mins. Anyone else had this or know what the resolve is?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum. When it is on try a factory reset in the settings.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I have read a few threads with similar symptoms. It is a bad infotainment unit. I assume out of warranty. Get a used infotainment, replace, remove component protection and have functional enablement codes reinstalled remotely. You will need a VAS 5054 and D link Dub E100 adapter for the remote removal of CP and reinstall of FeCs. You can purchase or rent. Although different issue of a straight swap still lot of applicable info in the DIY MIB1 to MIB2 replacement. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...o-mib2-infotainment-conversion-part-1.343701/ Likely $250 when you are all through which beat at $1,300 new unit and couple hours of labor at dealer.

No1carever

Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I have read a few threads with similar symptoms. It is a bad infotainment unit. I assume out of warranty. Get a used infotainment, replace, remove component protection and have functional enablement codes reinstalled remotely. You will need a VAS 5054 and D link Dub E100 adapter for the remote removal of CP and reinstall of FeCs. You can purchase or rent. Although different issue of a straight swap still lot of applicable info in the DIY MIB1 to MIB2 replacement. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...o-mib2-infotainment-conversion-part-1.343701/ Likely $250 when you are all through which beat at $1,300 new unit and couple hours of labor at dealer.
Thanks for sharing this, looking like the direction I'll have to take.

teslas

Passed Driver's Ed
Check your current version firmware verses what's available from the dealer. My last radio version update was 2019. I have a 2017 and I did like 2 updates after I got the car new.

No1carever

Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Check your current version firmware verses what's available from the dealer. My last radio version update was 2019. I have a 2017 and I did like 2 updates after I got the car new.
Thanks, I took in in to be checked, informed it's the F5 control unit VW 3Q0 035 844 that's defective and needs replacement.