GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK7 BOV

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I'm not sure - I think it's that velocity stack that gives it the excessive noise. so if V1 has it, should be on par?

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Given the number of people I've read having success with the Forge BOV it was probably something else that was the source of the problem.
it was proven fact the Forge was in fact not working correctly...the piston faulted as well as the internal spring...all im saying is nothing worked correctly besides the stock DV and being at the power level I am...I wouldnt go wasting money on noise makers...but thats my opinion and everyone is different...maybe youll have better luck than I did

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
it was proven fact the Forge was in fact not working correctly...the piston faulted as well as the internal spring...all im saying is nothing worked correctly besides the stock DV and being at the power level I am...I wouldnt go wasting money on noise makers...but thats my opinion and everyone is different...maybe youll have better luck than I did
If the piston or spring were faulty that's a specific defect in the product you had, not a design problem with the BOV that led it to perform worse than the stock DV.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If the piston or spring were faulty that's a specific defect in the product you had, not a design problem with the BOV that led it to perform worse than the stock DV.
Doesn't matter. The stock DV is the best one.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Doesn't matter. The stock DV is the best one.
Yeah, I've seen that comment made a few times. What makes the stock DV best? I'm using the Forge BOV and don't notice any problems. I still have the stock DV and don't mind re-installing it to look for a difference. I have an AP so I can log the different parts. What should I log to see where the stock DV outperforms the Forge?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah, I've seen that comment made a few times. What makes the stock DV best? I'm using the Forge BOV and don't notice any problems. I still have the stock DV and don't mind re-installing it to look for a difference. I have an AP so I can log the different parts. What should I log to see where the stock DV outperforms the Forge?
Did you get a custom tune for the bov? If not log your fuel trims after upshifting. You’ll notice they’re gonna be loose. You should also notice a loss of acceleration after an upshift. I’m referring to a bov the vents to atmosphere

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm repeating what I've read in the forum from guys who know. Also I rarely see anyone post a problem with the stock DV but I see problems posted for a lot of the aftermarket DV 's. I've seen so many responses to people to just put the OEM DV back in when they reported a problem.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm repeating what I've read in the forum from guys who know. Also I rarely see anyone post a problem with the stock DV but I see problems posted for a lot of the aftermarket DV 's. I've seen so many responses to people to just put the OEM DV back in when they reported a problem.
This is the case with every single platform that recirculates boost

dude has a problem. Posts it up. Told to go back to stock by pass valve. Problem vanishes. I’ve seen this in about 7 different platforms

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
This is the case with every single platform that recirculates boost

dude has a problem. Posts it up. Told to go back to stock by pass valve. Problem vanishes. I’ve seen this in about 7 different platforms
Yup - it was the same on the MK6R. I put the DV+ thing in for noise, started having issues - called UM, they were like: take that shit off, I did, and things were wonderful again.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yup - it was the same on the MK6R. I put the DV+ thing in for noise, started having issues - called UM, they were like: take that shit off, I did, and things were wonderful again.
Same with the type r. Veloster n. R. Mazda speed 3 and 6. Sti. Wrx. Ecoboost mustang. Focus RS. Focus st. Etc etc

yet people still go out and swap it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It's the WOOSH.

My buddy had a turbo MR2 with the 3SGTE and he had the HKS BOV on it. Man, whenever that thing would release it was literally like a slap in the face. When we were kids, we'd just drive around slapping people with the BOV.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nobody has an issue with an aftermarket DV, until they do...

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Ran a BOV on my previous car, a 16 GTI 6MT. Sounded great but spit crud all over the back of my engine. Transient response went to shit, plus the loss of boost on shifts. Would not recommend.