GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK7 BOV

bublington

Car(s)
GTI
I do, I have a unitronic tune on my car. It is a mild tune, with many others putting up higher numbers in terms of performance. It has been quite reliable however, and I have not had a single issue. All that said, a lot of forum members have had success with eqt, and it seems to be one of, if not the best option for this car: https://eqtuning.com/

If I would do it all over again, I would go the COBB accessport route and go with EQT. I will stay at the levels where I am now; I was planning to go big turbo this summer, but life put new plans in front of me and the turbo will have to be delayed by a few months.
Awesome, you've given me a lot of helpful answers. People like you help make the world a better place lol

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I have one. It's loud AF.View attachment 211637
I didn't know that the windshield washer fluid reservoir is on the passenger side on the R. On the GTI it is literally right beside the intake filter so you have to be super careful when pouring. I ordered the Skoda cap that some guy on the forum recommended. But now I have to wait like three months for it to come from Prague.

bublington

Car(s)
GTI
I didn't know that the windshield washer fluid reservoir is on the passenger side on the R. On the GTI it is literally right beside the intake filter so you have to be super careful when pouring. I ordered the Skoda cap that some guy on the forum recommended. But now I have to wait like three months for it to come from Prague.
is it like a rubber funnel/cap that folds onto itself? if so ive seen that one before.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I'm wanting to know if installing an aftermarket bov or dv is a bad idea to a 2016 gti. I've read good and bad reviews, good because people state that the new ea888 gen3 has no issues with releasing air instead of recycling the air through the system. But i read some reviews stating that it can cause loss of power and issues with the turbo/engine if you do add a bov because its designed to have the air be recycled. I cant find a current forum that addresses the issue, sorry if it's a dumb question. I do not currently own a gti but will be purchasing soon.
As long as the BOV is able to stay closed under pressure (same for the DV) there's no reason it should adversely affect power production.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I’d stick with the stock DV. I had a Turbosmart BOV for awhile and it was fine, but it eventually caused some overboost codes which were resolved with the reinstallation of the stock unit.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I have a Forge blow off valve and it works great. It's probably what you're looking for in terms of sound.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
stick with stock....ran a spacer...forge BOV...turbosmart Plump....all ran like crap and the car lost power....my current setup from EQT Custom Tune...stick with Stock DV

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
stick with stock....ran a spacer...forge BOV...turbosmart Plump....all ran like crap and the car lost power....my current setup from EQT Custom Tune...stick with Stock DV
Given the number of people I've read having success with the Forge BOV it was probably something else that was the source of the problem.