GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI is gone and the replacement is here

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Early this year, we started thinking about replacing the GTI with a bigger vehicle for my family and the final call was taken by end of Jan. Then we started looking for a buyer and found one within three weeks.

Durango, Explorer / Pilot were considered as replacement options (this will be the first suv I have ever owned) and we finally zeroed in Durango RT for the following reasons:
- Rwd based platform with NA engine
- It is a proven platform with not many newer technologies
- Chrysler was owned by Mercedes when this platform was developed
- Exterior looks similar to that of DSRT
- Stiffer sport suspension
- Second row captain seats
- Unique interior color option
- Extended warranty option backed by the manufacturer

There wasn’t a Durango with options similar to that of our built and as a result we had to place a factory order. We were able to find a dealer who gave us a great pricing for factory order. Order was placed on 1/31 and we took the delivery of D over the weekend. There was several delays with the shipping of the vehicle from the factory to the dealer, else we could have taken the delivery three weeks earlier.

We drove back home along George Washington highway over the weekend and I am very happy with the way the vehicle handles. I have driven it for 850 miles so far and I am very much happy with the decision.

Here are some pictures of the D.

This forum has been one of the best and I will try to contribute as much as I can. I am looking forward for a the time where I can add another GTI to my garage in the future as no other car gives more fun to money ratio than a GTI.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Not really a fan of larger SUV's, but from what little I know about them, good choice! I would have picked it over the Explorer or Pilot. My wife has a CRV, and in my opinion its the best small SUV. Not much power, but gets the job done and is very spacious inside. We moved her across the country and back in it.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Pretty mean lookin machine.

Looks very nicely appointed and that hood scoop.

Yeah its looks very mean in person especially in back!

Not really a fan of larger SUV's, but from what little I know about them, good choice! I would have picked it over the Explorer or Pilot. My wife has a CRV, and in my opinion its the best small SUV. Not much power, but gets the job done and is very spacious inside. We moved her across the country and back in it.

I wasnt a fan bigger SUVs but life does not give options at times. We had Pilot as an option as its one of the most reliable big suv in the market. But i had a great deal on mopar backed extended warranty and i decided to take the plung on this one.

Ban this guy immediately! OMG

[emoji3]

[emoji106]

GTI210

Ready to race!
That's a mean looking "family" SUV. Well done.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Early this year, we started thinking about replacing the GTI with a bigger vehicle for my family and the final call was taken by end of Jan. Then we started looking for a buyer and found one within three weeks.

Durango, Explorer / Pilot were considered as replacement options (this will be the first suv I have ever owned) and we finally zeroed in Durango RT for the following reasons:
- Rwd based platform with NA engine
- It is a proven platform with not many newer technologies
- Chrysler was owned by Mercedes when this platform was developed
- Exterior looks similar to that of DSRT
- Stiffer sport suspension
- Second row captain seats
- Unique interior color option
- Extended warranty option backed by the manufacturer

There wasn’t a Durango with options similar to that of our built and as a result we had to place a factory order. We were able to find a dealer who gave us a great pricing for factory order. Order was placed on 1/31 and we took the delivery of D over the weekend. There was several delays with the shipping of the vehicle from the factory to the dealer, else we could have taken the delivery three weeks earlier.

We drove back home along George Washington highway over the weekend and I am very happy with the way the vehicle handles. I have driven it for 850 miles so far and I am very much happy with the decision.

Here are some pictures of the D.

This forum has been one of the best and I will try to contribute as much as I can. I am looking forward for a the time where I can add another GTI to my garage in the future as no other car gives more fun to money ratio than a GTI.
Well played

Nice car man!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Funny how some people on an enthusiast forum can't appreciate another enthusiast vehicle. Nice car man.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
That's a mean looking "family" SUV. Well done.

Win win scenario for me and also for the family.

kiss your gas mileage good bye

No vehicle in the market is perfect and this compromise is worthy enough for the exhaust note.

Well played

Nice car man!!!

Thanks!

Funny how some people on an enthusiast forum can't appreciate another enthusiast vehicle. Nice car man.

Advantage of public forums where one doesnt have to meet the fellow members in person and thank you.

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
I know next to nothing about SUVs, let alone Dodge products, but that looks badass! I'd say in this case this compromise was anything but!

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
Dude at work has a white one and it has aftermarket exhaust on it and its mean sounding. It's not what I'd look for in a ride but they are pretty damn cool. Enjoy it