GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Incentives May-June 2019

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
GTI Incentives May 2019

Update: All VW incentives (except Sign & Drive and Atlas Memorial Day Cash) have been extended through 7/8/19.

May GTI Incentives 5/1-7/1. No further incentives on 2018 VW models as of 5/1.

Dealer cash (Bank financing, VCI standard, cash purchases): $2000
OR
VCI Special APR: 1/9%/60mo, 3.4%/72mo, 3.9%/75mo, $500 VCI Dealer Bonus
Dealer 1st Choice: Special APR +1% (all terms), $1000 dealer bonus
Dealer 2nd Choice: Special APR +2% (all terms), $1500 dealer bonus
36mo Lease: .00097/ 51% RV
48mo Lease: .00147/ 44% RV
Incentive info on other models/vehicles available upon request.

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Its interesting to see that dealer cash has remained the same between Apr and May but many dealers have increased their online price at least by $1000 beginning this month. Not sure if this might be because of limited GTI dealer inventory unlike the past.

wantone

Ready to race!
Its interesting to see that dealer cash has remained the same between Apr and May but many dealers have increased their online price at least by $1000 beginning this month. Not sure if this might be because of limited GTI dealer inventory unlike the past.

Wow, you're not kidding! I hadn't looked in a week or two and all of a sudden the large discounts are long gone. Even Alexandria VW raised their prices as they were the last to change in the DMV area. Add back in the $799 doc fee and $895 delivery fee and you're at around $2300 discount. We haven't been that low in several years around here.

What's interesting is they ALL raised them. Yet the sales numbers for the GTI are bad. Off 26% YTD. Yikes. Is this the new norm? Make less vehicles and raise prices? Or is this just a test to see how sales go with much better dealer profit built in? Whatever it is, it's been a long time since we've had prices like this in the DMV.

zack1978

Passed Driver's Ed
Is anything being done on the GLI? Seeing as they are pretty similar, might be a fallback option.

Good question. I think the problem with the GLI at this point is that it’s new. As such the dealers are treating it as a hot commodity. Hopefully they will come down some in price.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Is anything being done on the GLI? Seeing as they are pretty similar, might be a fallback option.

GLI has $250 dealer cash this month.

"Special" APR is 3.9%/60mo, 5.4%/72, 5.9%/75, $250 APR bonus cash

DC1: Special APR +1% (same setup as GTI), $750 APR Cash
DC2: Special APR +2%, $1250 APR Cash

So, not much of a fallback, but I believe it is eligible for the Partner/F&F programs. If I were in the market for a GLI, I'd ask for the dealer choice 2 financing and all the cash back, and then do an immediate refinance at a lower rate (assuming your local CU or LendingTree is offering one). I've heard dealers say that there's a waiting period (60-90 days or some such BS) but that's a lie; VW pays them the cash incentive as soon as the paperwork clears. The incentives should improve in a few months, but GLI is too new to the market to see anything worthwhile.

As far as the GTI advertised prices going up, I'd speculate that VW may have dialed back on their sales goal/volume-based incentives, and/or it's a new fiscal quarter(?) so things may have reset. Also, based on observation alone, all of those Cornflower Blue Rabbits they're selling have generated enough buzz to boost the profile of the rest of the GTI lineup.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Wow, you're not kidding! I hadn't looked in a week or two and all of a sudden the large discounts are long gone. Even Alexandria VW raised their prices as they were the last to change in the DMV area. Add back in the $799 doc fee and $895 delivery fee and you're at around $2300 discount. We haven't been that low in several years around here.

What's interesting is they ALL raised them. Yet the sales numbers for the GTI are bad. Off 26% YTD. Yikes. Is this the new norm? Make less vehicles and raise prices? Or is this just a test to see how sales go with much better dealer profit built in? Whatever it is, it's been a long time since we've had prices like this in the DMV.

I have been tracking those prices for a while and i was surprised to see that price bump across dealers in the DC area. Lot of out of state buyers have been flocking towards those dealers in the recent years and i wonder if they are trying to take advantage of the situation. With $2300 being the real discount before TTL, i would try striking a deal with my local dealer.

AdrianC

Thanks for doing this, Shane.

I just bought a 2019 GTI S for $3900 off sticker (plus $250 doc fee). Details in the deals thread. I'm happy.

stevethechemist

Thanks for all the info Shane! Posted in the deal thread -- I just got $6550 off MSRP in the Bay Area with partner program and standard financing. I saw all the threads about prices going up on east coast but for some reason dealers are aggressively pricing here

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wondering how this 5% tariff on all Mexican imports announced yesterday will affect prices and incentives on GTI.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Wondering how this 5% tariff on all Mexican imports announced yesterday will affect prices and incentives on GTI.

I don't expect there would be much (if any) impact, since 2019 GTI production was moved to Wolfsburg.

Last edited:

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I wasn’t aware of the Golf/GTI plant location change. Looks like a few other popular VW models would still be affected.