GTI Incentives 1/9/19-2/28/19

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
UPDATED: GTI Incentives 2/1/19-2/28/19

UPDATE 2/1/19: Dealer Cash increased by $1000 on 18/19 GTI

2018 GTI:

Dealer Cash: $3000 (VCI STD APR, bank/CU financing, cash purchase)
OR

Special APR: 1.9%/60mo 2.9%/72mo 3.4%/75mo + $1000 APR Dealer Bonus
Dealer 1st Choice: +1% to Special APR, $1500 APR Dealer Bonus
Dealer 2nd Choice: +2% to Special APR, $2000 APR Dealer Bonus
Special Lease: 0.00041/36mo 49% RV 0.00091/48mo 42% RV

2019 GTI:

Dealer Cash: $2000 (VCI STD APR, bank/CU financing, cash purchase)
OR
Special APR: 1.9%/60mo 3.4%/72mo 3.9%/75mo + $500 APR Dealer Bonus
Dealer 1st Choice: +1% to Special APR, $1000 APR Dealer Bonus
Dealer 2nd Choice: +2% to Special APR, $1500 APR Dealer Bonus
Special Lease: 0.00090/36mo 53% RV 0.00140/48mo 46% RV

Surprised to see incentives on 2019 GTI this month, but there you go. As usual, PM me if you want info on any other VW models, because I don't always get to check here as often as I'd like.

Last edited:

MissedShifting

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, Shane. So the same incentives on the 2018 models but now some on the 2019 models as well. Correct?

Last edited:

wantone

Ready to race!
Thank you!!

You won't hit your purchase target numbers with these new incentives though. And we are still a long way from the $4000 cash 2017's had. Which will probably never happen as the 2018's won't be around long enough. There were 2017's still around April and May last year. Won't happen this year.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
You won't hit your purchase target numbers with these new incentives though. And we are still a long way from the $4000 cash 2017's had. Which will probably never happen as the 2018's won't be around long enough. There were 2017's still around April and May last year. Won't happen this year.

It'll happen. Right now, at least $4k off MSRP is doable on a 2019 at a dealer that will take a nothing deal to move a unit. I had a dealer email me with $5k off a 2018 just last week. I'm not expecting 2017 sized deals.

wantone

Ready to race!
It'll happen. Right now, at least $4k off MSRP is doable on a 2019 at a dealer that will take a nothing deal to move a unit. I had a dealer email me with $5k off a 2018 just last week. I'm not expecting 2017 sized deals.

I only said that because they didn't change did they? Unless I'm crazy, they look exactly the same as the prior month. The dealer may discount more at end of month to hit your target, but it doesn't look like they are getting anything more from VW at this point.

Believe me, I'm rooting for it as well. Though I just received an offer for an Accord Sport 2.0 manual $27,000 plus TTL. So $27,539 for me. THAT may just be too difficult to pass up.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I only said that because they didn't change did they? Unless I'm crazy, they look exactly the same as the prior month. The dealer may discount more at end of month to hit your target, but it doesn't look like they are getting anything more from VW at this point.

Believe me, I'm rooting for it as well. Though I just received an offer for an Accord Sport 2.0 manual $27,000 plus TTL. So $27,539 for me. THAT may just be too difficult to pass up.

But it’s a Honda ?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG

Dealer Cash on 2017 GTI eventually reached $5000, but no, that will never happen again. The incentives on 2017 were largely the result of VW using incentive cash to wash away the bad taste of diesel out of the public's mouth, and try to keep TDI owners in the VW fold after their cars were bought back. in 2018, their PR team switched directions and started offering the 6yr warranty to rebuild public trust. I suspect they would have done this for 2017 vehicles, if they'd had the time.

Why is it that VWs site doesn’t have their incentives listed?

VW incentive cash is never published on their website, because it's all technically manufacturer-to-dealer incentives. Which is to say, every cash amount I post here is paid to the dealers, who are under no obligation to pass it along to the buyers, though almost all of them will. They will publish special APR for marketing purposes, and there are occasionally direct-to-consumer incentives, usually in the form of "holiday bonus cash."

Dealer websites will often disclose the dealer cash indirectly; if you check advertised prices on GTI, you'll probably notice that most are offering a $2000 "[insert dealer here] discount" or "special internet price" that is roughly similar.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Dealer Cash on 2017 GTI eventually reached $5000, but no, that will never happen again. The incentives on 2017 were largely the result of VW using incentive cash to wash away the bad taste of diesel out of the public's mouth, and try to keep TDI owners in the VW fold after their cars were bought back. in 2018, their PR team switched directions and started offering the 6yr warranty to rebuild public trust. I suspect they would have done this for 2017 vehicles, if they'd had the time.

VW incentive cash is never published on their website, because it's all technically manufacturer-to-dealer incentives. Which is to say, every cash amount I post here is paid to the dealers, who are under no obligation to pass it along to the buyers, though almost all of them will. They will publish special APR for marketing purposes, and there are occasionally direct-to-consumer incentives, usually in the form of "holiday bonus cash."

Dealer websites will often disclose the dealer cash indirectly; if you check advertised prices on GTI, you'll probably notice that most are offering a $2000 "[insert dealer here] discount" or "special internet price" that is roughly similar.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

I would buy the Honda, and I’m a huge VW fan.

Someone I know has a 2018, they’re really nice.

Plus the resale and reliability.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
But it’s a Honda ?

I am a huge VW fanboi, have had 6 GTIs in 23 years.

However Accord and Civic are more fun to drive than the Passat and Jetta.

The tables have turned, VW used to have class leading interiors that set them apart.

Now they are midpack.

Honestly this might be my last VW. So many other cars are getting so good while being more reliable and customer focused.