GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI hates the cold and rain

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Early morning..temp - a pleasant 15c.. Sitting in the car waiting for the engine to warm up. As i pull away from the parking spot.. The car gives a massive jerk as if i relaesed the clutch before giving it any gas (using dsg fyi) .. This generally happens only on a cold start, it did you find go on for a few days.. Took it to nabooda.. And to my suprise they did not know what the problem was (aint that new).. Gotta give us the car for a few days next month for them to evaluate and hopefully correct the problem.. Anyone having similar problems or am i the only one... Is it normal for a gcc spec car to react like this at these temp?blistering 15c..... Or am i worrying to much and is normal.. It did give a few worrying hard jerks....

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Prolly the electric parking brake and rusted discs...

Sonicbasher

Passed Driver's Ed
I am having a similar prob, mine will not go into 2nd on cold starts, could be similar to sticking Plates till warm much like a Motorcycle clonk into 1st .

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys.. Ill let you know once the service team find out exactly whats wrong with it.. And next time i might proof read my post.. :p the keyboard on my mobile has a mind of its own... :)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hope you get it sorted, keep us updated. We had similar weather in Oman the past 2 days with no jerking in the GTI whatsoever

Does your car always do this on a cold start?

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
@kindi.. Will keep you updated on the situation. ..it was fine today morning..Only when it rains it starts acting up on a cold start..