GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI air intake

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I don't have a better picture, but here's how my washer bottle cap looks like after the HF Series CAI

I have a hard time closing it TBH as it is slightly touching the Filter box. but it can be done if you slightly pull it away from the box and pressing the lid

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 14,024

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
How come the picture released by APR has the washer bottle in a different location to normal..??

Ken

Because that's the Golf R in the photo. R gets it on the other side.

I have not shown photos of it yet on other cars but we've test fitted it on many others, like the GTI, Octavia VRS, A3, S3 and so on.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Very good point. I would guess it's the R version. As to why they've moved it, no idea!
Myke posted an APR pic of it on a GTI with the bottle in the normal location.

It's in the way of other equipment on the R so they put it on the other side of the engine bay.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
:rolleyes:
Kindi, did you get any difference with that intake?

I can't really tell as i installed intake, intercooler and tunebox all the same. However some tuners have seen improvements with just hardware installed without a tune

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Kindi, did you get any difference with that intake?

Yes, peak power TANKS towards redline (5k+) with the stock intake and our software. It was up quite a bit by that point. I'll share data near the release.

GoTime1

Ready to race!
I found a good increase in power just by doing the downpipe. So I can relate to the hardware mods making a difference without a tune. I also agree 100% about the flexi part of the intake.

I watched my motor whilst my car was on the dyno and it rocks quite a lot.

Cummon APR.... MAKE US HAPPY ALREADY :D

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Guys keep in mind when doing comparisons of dyno readings of a closed type filter like the APR unit and other vs open cones. Most times the cars run on the dyno with the hood open so this is a advantage for the open cone type when its exposed. When closing the hood you will notice a loss in power.

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Guys keep in mind when doing comparisons of dyno readings of a closed type filter like the APR unit and other vs open cones. Most times the cars run with the hood open so this is a advantage for the open cone type when its exposed. When closing the hood you will notice a loss in power.

Good points.