GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI air intake

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Hello to all members! I've been long reading the forum and decided to join in (so I'm newbie, please be kind!). I just ordered a GTI Performance Pack and I would like to ask if anybody knows were is the air intake pipe. On the mk6, it was visible, just in front of the air filter box. On the mk7, it seems that the piping goes deep under the bonnet (to the bumper maybe?) Just wandering, just in case I would like to install a cold air intake... Thank you very very much in advance.
P.S. A picture of the piping would be most welcomed!!

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Here's a pic of my stock engine bay, the air intake is shorter than older models, you can actually see where it meets the turbo unit from one side

Go Kart Champion
Here's a pic of my stock engine bay, the air intake is shorter than older models, you can actually see where it meets the turbo unit from one side

Last edited:

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Thank you kindi, but I was wandering about the air piping before the air filter, not after that. I should apology, my English isn't so good... Thank you very much though for your help.

Go Kart Champion
You can see the intake pipe in this pic, its about this long, it doesn't go down deeper. Visible with your eyes when you pop the hood.

I have a picture of hf series cold air intake, but I'm having trouble uploading because I'm using my phone.

Send me your email as a private message and ill email it to you.

Maybe that picture will give you a better idea

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
I'm a veeery new member, I don't know how to send a PM yet (ops!). Thank you very much. Anyway, you know, I was going to order my Golf in the same colour as yours, it's perfect! But someone on my building got one first (in 1.4 tsi guise though), so it's PW for me now!

Go Kart Champion
Click on my name in the left panel, you'll get an option to send a PM, thank god I'm the only Night Blue GTI in my country till now. I saw PW in person and absolutely loved it!

Go Kart Champion
Replied :)

NightMare1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi geomets and welcome to the forum. I guess I need a warm welcome since this is my first post hehe. Well they have did some minor changes on the MK7 including the position of the intake and the turbo. In addition they have changed the turbo in the MK7 as far as i remember reading on one of the websites since it is not the same as the IHI turbo which used to come on the MK6. I had an MK6 2011 which it had a k04 on it from apr, carbonio intake and turbo back exhaust, with other modifications also such as coils and sway bars, vmr v710 rims and much more,

Go Kart Champion
Hi geomets and welcome to the forum. I guess I need a warm welcome since this is my first post hehe. Well they have did some minor changes on the MK7 including the position of the intake and the turbo. In addition they have changed the turbo in the MK7 as far as i remember reading on one of the websites since it is not the same as the IHI turbo which used to come on the MK6. I had an MK6 2011 which it had a k04 on it from apr, carbonio intake and turbo back exhaust, with other modifications also such as coils and sway bars, vmr v710 rims and much more,

Welcome to the forum, I bet you feel like a downgrade coming from a k04 mk6 (in terms of performance)

Which color did you get? I also heard that nabooda bring 35 performance pack GTIs a year.. is this true?

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Reading the technical specs of the new EA888 gen 3 engine from Audi (I don't remember the site, it was on PDF though) it said that the 1.8 liter unit uses an IHI made from inconel! -in the exhaust gas side, not the one that forces the fresh air. That's a great material, google it (F1 teams use it in their exhausts as it's light and extremely strong against heat and APR uses it in their exhaust in stage3+ cars!). With that in mind, I don't think that they would bother to change the turbine, maybe the charger, but I don't think so.
By the way, welcome to the forum and read everything Kindi says, he has The Knowledge!