GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD stock ride height

Mesa

Car(s)
Mk7 GTD
Hey guys recently got myself a GTD which I'm really enjoying but one thing that's really annoying me is the ride hight (visual gap in the arches). Looks a bit 4x4 especially on the rear.

I've searched everywhere but I can't find a measurement to compare just photos. Looks higher when I look at others.

20201121_132316.jpg

Wondered what other people think.

Thanks

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
If that's just had a wheel swapped (tools in foreground) & the suspension has not properly settled, or its parked at an odd angle on the uneven ground.. any car will do that...

GTD should be no higher than my car..infact the GTD hatch should be 5mm lower than mine...

Mesa

Car(s)
Mk7 GTD
If that's just had a wheel swapped (tools in foreground) & the suspension has not properly settled, or its parked at an odd angle on the uneven ground.. any car will do that...

GTD should be no higher than my car..infact the GTD hatch should be 5mm lower than mine...

Thanks for the reply. Yes tbh I had just jacked it up to put 11mm / 16mm spacers on but wouldn't have thought it would make much difference.

Here's a settled photo...
20201015_163945.jpg

And a closer one (after a machine polish)
20201115_144736.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I see your wheel gap and raise you my new wheel gap, haha. TDI (torsion beam) on GTI springs/B4's. Springs are lightly used and the b4s are new so maybe a little settling to do. And I still need to put in the rear seat cushion/backs and my sub/box. Figure another 60lbs but I don't expect that to make much difference.

In running 17s and considering getting taller tires to fill out the wheel well... but your wheel gap, nothing to worry about, haha.
IMG_20201121_101959.jpg

Mesa

Car(s)
Mk7 GTD
I see your wheel gap and raise you my new wheel gap, haha. TDI (torsion beam) on GTI springs/B4's. Springs are lightly used and the b4s are new so maybe a little settling to do. And I still need to put in the rear seat cushion/backs and my sub/box. Figure another 60lbs but I don't expect that to make much difference.

In running 17s and considering getting taller tires to fill out the wheel well... but your wheel gap, nothing to worry about, haha.
View attachment 193454
Ha I'd have to sort that 🤣

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks for the reply. Yes tbh I had just jacked it up to put 11mm / 16mm spacers on but wouldn't have thought it would make much difference.

Here's a settled photo...View attachment 193451

Yeah that's about right for a GTD.....basic spec Golfs ride higher.....

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Is the ground level? If the ground isn't completely flat and parked on a slope...it can unweight the car from front to back.