GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gtd springs and shocks onto the se

Dubblue

Car(s)
Vw golf 2.0 tdi nav
Hi , I'm just looking for a bit of help I am thinking of buying stock gtd springs and shock absorbers for my 7.5 2.0 tdi . would this be possible ? Many thanks .

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Does your 7.5 TDI have 55mm struts? Generally the non GTI/GTD/R Golfs have 50mm struts so you would need to replace the steering knuckles as well.

Dubblue

Car(s)
Vw golf 2.0 tdi nav
Hi they will just be standard hubs , I guess it will just be easier to buy after market springs and shocks . I just really don't want to lower that much it's a daily run about . Maybe h&r springs with koni shocks I think the minimum they do is 25mm on rear 30mm front . But thanks for heads up on that I was nearly going to order and hope for the best .

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi they will just be standard hubs , I guess it will just be easier to buy after market springs and shocks . I just really don't want to lower that much it's a daily run about . Maybe h&r springs with koni shocks I think the minimum they do is 25mm on rear 30mm front . But thanks for heads up on that I was nearly going to order and hope for the best .

There will be a VW "sports" option of lowering springs from the factory for your car that will fit your 50mm struts.....just need to get the correct PR codes..dealer parts dept. should be able to help..

Dubblue

Car(s)
Vw golf 2.0 tdi nav
Thankyou Dave the part number for these are -
5G4071677E .

I have ended up getting the H&R lowering springs 30mm and 25mm( just slightly cheaper than vw oem ones) and bilstein b8s .
Thankyou all for your help.

Dubblue

Car(s)
Vw golf 2.0 tdi nav
ordered all this from demon tweaks and my rear shocks which I ordered first ain't arriving until august (was going to do a bit at a time but karma got the better of me ) so looks like I'm not fitting all this until next year . guess gives me more time to buy new torsion to yield bolts and new top mounts for the front shock absorber mounts .

Dubblue

Car(s)
Vw golf 2.0 tdi nav
a bit of a bugger with delivery and the word assuming , got all the hard ware and shocks bar the rear shocks (delivery 19/8/22) they sent shocks with 55mm but didn't notice until fitment day . so everything had to be undone then stock refitted , was a sad day. So as if by magic got what I needed within a few days got it all fitted and honestly they are like night and day . The gear changes and no swaying of car when slowing down and speeding up and cornering and actually taking pot holes better 👌

Dubblue

Car(s)
Vw golf 2.0 tdi nav
a bit of a bugger with delivery and the word assuming , got all the hard ware and shocks bar the rear shocks (delivery 19/8/22) they sent shocks with 55mm but didn't notice until fitment day . so everything had to be undone then stock refitted , was a sad day. So as if by magic got what I needed within a few days got it all fitted and honestly they are like night and day . The gear changes and no swaying of car when slowing down and speeding up and cornering and actually taking pot holes better 👌
it is sitting level , I wish it was just a few mm lower at the front but beggars can't be chooses 😊