it´s december 2016 GTD

Attachments

• GTD.jpg
    GTD.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 929

Georgespiers1988

Car(s)
Vw golf GTD MK7
I got my car remapped last Tuesday and it went from 189bhp to 223bhp which I'm very happy with. The only thing worrying me is the engine has a different sound when idle and switches sound sometimes. I was stopped at traffic lights and my engine changed tone, I was like oh no here it goes it's about to break. Nothing.. still pulled fine and drove fine. Is this meant to happen when you remap a car? It's tuned by a very reputable tuner and it's a custom map not one of those shared dodgey maps.

Just curious who else has got there GTD mapped and what bhp are you running? Any changes in engine sound?

Thanks
Im looking to get mine remapped i thought they made around 240ish and 500ish torque crazy gains

Georgespiers1988

Car(s)
Vw golf GTD MK7
I have a DTUK CRD-3 in mine, claimed [minimum] output is 240BHP/500NM
Idling hasn't changed, engine sounds pretty much the same, performance improved substantially and fuel consumption improved.

If you're concerned, reach out to the guys who did the remap, perhaps they can add some insight as to the 'idling tone' change.
I watched a darkside development vid about these boxes check it out mate apparently there numbers dont add up new to the forum hope all you guys and safe and well with whats going on

apjs87

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 GTD 2013
I watched a darkside development vid about these boxes check it out mate apparently there numbers dont add up new to the forum hope all you guys and safe and well with whats going on
I think you're right with what you're saying. I had a DTUK box on mine and whilst it was quicker, it wasn't 240hp quick. Eventually it made my car very rough when cold and then threw up loads of errors. Removed the box now, no errors and a proper map next week.

DillyGTD

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTD
I’m thinking of getting my Mark 7 GTD remapped, not sure if I want to after reading this thread. I’ve been talking to a company in Preston,UK (Chip Codes) which have said to achieve 225 BHP/ 450NM and improved fuel economy.
Is it worth doing? And will the car be able to handle the power increase?

apjs87

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 GTD 2013
Just had mine done bud by a company in my area. Not on a Dyno however his files are sourced from mappers who use Dynos to refine the maps apparently. Approx power 220bhp, nice smooth delivery and much better than my DTUK box. Safe and within the cars limits I'd say. If you do go ahead with the map, go easy while it's cold and take your time to adjust. Depending on the age of your car, gearbox and clutch should be happy

DillyGTD

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTD
Thanks for the advice mate! Mines 2015 and about 61k mileage. Also when’s the best time to get the timing belt and water pump changed? Some people have said when it reaches 5 years of age and some people have said they can last upto 100k mileage? Any thoughts for that

apjs87

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 GTD 2013
I got mine changed when it was at 53,000 just as a precaution. It had just hit 5 years old and just like yourself I read other advice and just did it.

DillyGTD

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTD
Ahh okay, I’ve got a service due in December so most likely get it all done in 1 go. Did you get yours done by VW?

DillyGTD

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTD
Haha, yeah VW charging an arm and leg for timing belt and water pump change. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

Srafiq33683

Car(s)
Golf GTD
I got my car remapped last Tuesday and it went from 189bhp to 223bhp which I'm very happy with. The only thing worrying me is the engine has a different sound when idle and switches sound sometimes. I was stopped at traffic lights and my engine changed tone, I was like oh no here it goes it's about to break. Nothing.. still pulled fine and drove fine. Is this meant to happen when you remap a car? It's tuned by a very reputable tuner and it's a custom map not one of those shared dodgey maps.

Just curious who else has got there GTD mapped and what bhp are you running? Any changes in engine sound?

Thanks
I’ve got my GTD remapped as well as the gearbox map also . Pushing 240 BHP as got the car dynod twice . No changes in engine sound , I had a DTUK box before which was awful and really puts a strain on your engine .

paulz

Has anyone else used bigfish for there gtd, i was going to use carbon chip tuning but they aint replied .they had such good reviews aswell

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
Has anyone else used bigfish for there gtd, i was going to use carbon chip tuning but they aint replied .they had such good reviews aswell
Yep I've had a few motors remapped by Bigfish inc my present GTD and been well pleased with performance and price.

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Thanks for the advice mate! Mines 2015 and about 61k mileage. Also when’s the best time to get the timing belt and water pump changed? Some people have said when it reaches 5 years of age and some people have said they can last upto 100k mileage? Any thoughts for that
I got mine changed when it was at 53,000 just as a precaution. It had just hit 5 years old and just like yourself I read other advice and just did it.

I had mine done in 2019 when the car was sitting around 55,000. I could probably have had it done sooner if I’m honest; the mechanic who came to do it said the belt was fine but it needed changing.

13,000 miles later and everything is still hunky dory!

On the wider topic of this thread though, when I got my GTD new a friend of mine offered me a “TDI Tuning”box for it - he had it on his TT which he was about to sell. (You can send it back and have it reprogrammed for your vehicle, which I was going to do.)

I didn’t take him up on it at the time as my car was brand new and I was honestly so delighted with it, I could t bear to change it. Now she’s almost 8 years old, I’m considering it - for the fun factor but also the improved fuel consumption.

My mate has said he’ll look it out for me but they have a new Bluetooth model which you can adjust while you’re driving that I’m tempted by. I’m new to all this though and having read through this thread, I feel the need to ask the question.

Does anyone else have any experience with these tunings boxes and have they had any problems with it following fitting? Last thing I want is my turbo or my clutch being buggered by it…