GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD Remap questions

Georgespiers1988

Car(s)
Vw golf GTD MK7
I got my car remapped last Tuesday and it went from 189bhp to 223bhp which I'm very happy with. The only thing worrying me is the engine has a different sound when idle and switches sound sometimes. I was stopped at traffic lights and my engine changed tone, I was like oh no here it goes it's about to break. Nothing.. still pulled fine and drove fine. Is this meant to happen when you remap a car? It's tuned by a very reputable tuner and it's a custom map not one of those shared dodgey maps.

Just curious who else has got there GTD mapped and what bhp are you running? Any changes in engine sound?

Thanks
Im looking to get mine remapped i thought they made around 240ish and 500ish torque crazy gains

Georgespiers1988

Car(s)
Vw golf GTD MK7
I have a DTUK CRD-3 in mine, claimed [minimum] output is 240BHP/500NM
Idling hasn't changed, engine sounds pretty much the same, performance improved substantially and fuel consumption improved.

If you're concerned, reach out to the guys who did the remap, perhaps they can add some insight as to the 'idling tone' change.
I watched a darkside development vid about these boxes check it out mate apparently there numbers dont add up new to the forum hope all you guys and safe and well with whats going on

apjs87

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 GTD 2013
I watched a darkside development vid about these boxes check it out mate apparently there numbers dont add up new to the forum hope all you guys and safe and well with whats going on
I think you're right with what you're saying. I had a DTUK box on mine and whilst it was quicker, it wasn't 240hp quick. Eventually it made my car very rough when cold and then threw up loads of errors. Removed the box now, no errors and a proper map next week.