GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD MPG

GolfGTD

Car(s)
Golf GTD
Hi all,

I purchased a 2018 GTD last week and after a week of driving (200 miles) I’m only getting to max 36MPG even in eco. Is this normal ?

thanks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Depends on the type of driving. All highway etc. 36 MPG would be good for city driving.

And welcome to the forum.

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Thanks for your welcome and these were dual carriageway miles.
Check the brakes. I've had a 2013 GTD since it was brand new and it can do 45mpg without trying - in a city, no less.

I recently had my back brake calipers wound in again because they were seized. I've had 2 Golfs now and both of them had brake issues like that (stuck calipers). Can you hear a grinding/rubbing noise coming from it with the windows open, or a squeak?

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
I had a 2015 GTD from new, average was 42MPG, (50+ on a long run) I remember the number well because it was 1/2 as much again from what it replaced, a RRS.
J

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Ditch it & get a 1.4lt petrol

I calibrated my readouts after the first 2,000miles as from factory they are about 7% high....

Over the past 7yrs:-

On a twisty back country road trip of upto 2hrs & having fun...I get 38MPG

Normal driving on winter tyres I get 42 to 46MPG

Normal driving on summers I get 44 to 48MPG

Long trips on motorways, etc. I get 46 to 52MPG...

& my estate is a lighter car than the GTD hatch..& far lighter at the front end (circa 107kgs) so much better handling...

Plus with a stage 1-B revo remap I get circa 190BHP & 312Nm...which with a lighter car gives good power/weight