GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD mk7 tapping/knocking when warm

Joe0203

Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 184bhp
1st post to this... so I’m the owner of the well loved golf gtd mk7 I’ve developed a tapping/knocking noise when the car get warm, when it’s 1st starts you don’t hear it at all it’s done 110k full service history..

Was wondering if anyone’s has had this problem or someone who can shed a light here lol

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
I’m not an expert but sounds normal to me. We don’t have GTD in the US tho, so nothing to compare it with.

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
I couldn`t hear it at first and the engine sounded normal then heard the `tinkle`
I doubt very much its serious, diesel motors make all sorts of noises.
Change the oil and put in an additive and stop worrying, good for another 100k :)

Joe0203

Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 184bhp
I couldn`t hear it at first and the engine sounded normal then heard the `tinkle`
I doubt very much its serious, diesel motors make all sorts of noises.
Change the oil and put in an additive and stop worrying, good for another 100k :)

nice one mate yeah think I’m just paranoid of it going wrong due to past carsI’ve had lol and it’s just had a full service but il keep a close eye on it to see if anything changes or get any louder thanks mate 👍🏻

JDRU

Car(s)
Mk7 GTD Estate
Sounds normal,

Slightly rough on idle though. I'd recommend getting a carbon clean done by someone, especially going off the vehicle mileage. The carbon Build up around the intake/EGR/EVERYTHING can be a pain on diesels. It makes everything rough and can potentially cause further issues down the line.

J