GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD Insurance

KGB1

Passed Driver's Ed
Afternoon all, renewal for our comprehensive insurance has come through the door today from VW Insurance and it's up £60 odd from last year to just over £300.

Where do other owners have their cars insured? It's a PITA changing insurer's but I ain't paying that much more after another, touches wood, claim free year.:(

Cheers.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
Have you tried all and I mean all of the comparison sites. I'm paying 200 quid with More Than but they seem to be good for me but not for others around the country. It pays to spend half an hour comparing.

Arkarma

Passed Driver's Ed
Dont have any loyalty to insurance companies m8, they'd drop a claim of yours if they thought they could get away with it. Always always shop around for the best deal!...

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Dont have any loyalty to insurance companies Always always shop around for the best deal!...

My thoughts exactly. My wife was with admiral. Her renewal came and was about 200 quid higher than last year. After she found it much cheaper elsewhere she phoned admiral to cancel and guess what they offered her a much better deal to stay. Clearly they hoped she would just renew without shopping around.

My GTD is with axa. I'm paying £450, I had a fault claim in Feb 2013 so I'm getting spanked for it.

Bungleaio

Ready to race!
I'm with Esure, I've checked with them for a GTI and it's coming in around £10 more than I'm currently paying on a 1.2 Pug 208.

Check with quidco too as I regularly get a fair bit of a kickback through them too.

MOzGTD

Ready to race!
Allianz - but its pointless comparing to others on a forum due to the huge variables involved - age, postcode, claims, mileage etc etc etc etc

Thedonkeycentrehalf

Passed Driver's Ed
When I bought my GT and I had to change details with my insurer (Sainsburys), the person I spoke to asked about changes. I have upgraded alloys and metallic paint and he said you should always declare these as they can use it as an excuse not to pay out for repairs if not declared. Didn't make any difference to the price though.

FormerRocco

Passed Driver's Ed
I was surprised when I px'd my 3 year old Scirocco TDi for my current Mk7 GTi. I called my insurer (Zurich) all prepared to take the hit of either cancelling the policy early or paying extra to continue cover. To my surprise it cost me nothing, not a penny, and this was after they charged me an admin fee of £40 to change the registration plate number on the 'roc a few months before.

Harrison

Passed Driver's Ed
I found it difficult to get decent prices on my GTD at 26 years old. Quite surprised considering I had a Fiesta ST before it. Maybe it is because the Golf is a lot more expensive?

Nyanga

Ready to race!
As always...shop around. The deals are there for the taking.

The Mk VII is 5 insurance groups lower than the Mk VI.

Age is a key factor. The older you are , the lower the insurance (an advantage of "old-age!!).

GeoBog

Ready to race!
My thoughts exactly. My wife was with admiral. Her renewal came and was about 200 quid higher than last year. After she found it much cheaper elsewhere she phoned admiral to cancel and guess what they offered her a much better deal to stay. Clearly they hoped she would just renew without shopping around.

My GTD is with axa. I'm paying £450, I had a fault claim in Feb 2013 so I'm getting spanked for it.

Isn't that a coincidence or what? I was with admiral last year and their renewal came through a few days ago. Guess what: £300 more than last year. Had no claims this past year so will definitely swap the insurer.