GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD Estate Exhaust (Miltek)

ikcarus

Hi Everyone,

New member here. I'm looking at buying a GTD7 Estate. As part of this, I'm thinking of putting the Miltek non-resonated GTI style exhaust on. Has anyone done this? Any tips or thoughts?
- Will a GTI Valence fit the estate bumper - I know it'll fit a standard GTD bumper
- Will the Miltek GTD Split Pipe fit the GTD Estate (vs. GTD Hatch)
- Is there welding involved to attach to the cat?

Thanks!

JDRU

Car(s)
Mk7 GTD Estate
Hi,

I have a GTD estate and had a similar question. (Even contacted many suppliers direct for an answer) they will not fit due to size differences. Even as a cat back the dimensions are different. You will need to get a custom job done at a reputable exhaust shop. I got quoted £274.99 at a decent place in the midlands.
So many bolt on parts were not brought out for the GTD estate I've found, some of the R estate parts fit, which are mostly cosmetic. Anything transmission or exhaust related has been a nightmare.

J

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Estate is basically the Hatch with 1ft added after the rear axle...so anything after the rear axle requires estate specific parts as hatch stuff will not fit.

The rear suspension, fuel tanks, rear seat bases, bottom sections of rear doors are the same as hatch..& everything forward from the rear seat bases is the same, upto the side window level & then everything forward from the B pillar is the same as hatch...Basically roof from B pillar rearwards is different & side glass in rear doors is different, & everything from rear wheel arch is different. Rear seat backs are similar to hatch, but have the mechs for the boot operated release levers...

Gavin0478

Car(s)
Mk7 GolfGTD
It would be easier adapting the R exhaust and rear valance as that is available in estate form so there will be exhausts and bumpers available.