GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD colour conundrum

Leonardo

I know its completely personal preference, but I'm going to order a 5 door GTD tomorrow.
what colour should I go for? I think I've narrowed it down to Carbon Grey, White or Night Blue?

Help.....

MIKE PP.

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf R.
My GTI is white but I don't think you can go wrong with any colour choice. Darker colours don't show dirty panels as much as lighter colours. They can be prone to swirl marks however. Good luck with your purchase.

PTok72

Passed Driver's Ed
I was in a similar position trying to make decision between Pure White and Carbon Grey.
I think both are really good on the Mk7 Golf.
With white the GTD grill and bumper fins really stand out which I liked.
Chose Carbon Grey in the end though as I prefer a darker colour.

Good luck with your choice, as Mike said you cannot go wrong with any of your colours.

Let us all know how it goes...

H16OPY

I went with pearl black as I think they suit 19" Santiago wheels.

I only ordered last week.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GC854

Ready to race!
Always a personal choice. I am about to change my pure white GTD which I have had for 2yrs for a Carbon Grey one. I didn't want to replace like for like and swung between the Grey and Blue. Both of these dark colours look great - when clean. The salesman did mention that stone chips stand out a little more on the darker colours which is a bit of a concern as i cover a lot of miles and consequently pick up a few chips.
The white has been fine to keep clean - even with a 1000 miles between washes - I keep it waxed and the dirt doesn't stick to it. Dust doesn't show up either which can be an issue with dark colours. Bottom line is go for the one you like best - or the one that has the shortest waiting time if the delivery date is an issue. There will be a few GTDs is the system and if you are lucky a white, grey or blue one in the spec you are after might be available.
You can't go wrong though!

ismile

Ready to race!
The car looks it's best in white but gets dirty almost immediately on a wet road. Darker colours conceal dirt better.

You'll find Carbon Grey is very popular, says a lot but if you want to stand out go Night Blue.

Lee_fr200

Ready to race!
I've seen about 15 carbon grey golfs in the last 2 weeks so I'm glad I didn't go for it

Night blue is lovely in the sun (which we don't get in the uk)

White imo is lovely, I went pure white it looks good it hides swirls easy and looks great against the black parts,

I've gone for privacy glass as well, and getting my fronts tinted as well as wrapping the roof gloss black next week

AntGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
Was in the same position sooooooooooooo went for Reflex Silver to mix it up.

Have you checked out the prices on drive the deal?

dazr321

Passed Driver's Ed
I went for oryx white, really loving the colour, even with the premium price, like people say, you wont be dissapointed whichever colour you go for.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I was in a similar position trying to make decision between Pure White and Carbon Grey.
I think both are really good on the Mk7 Golf.
With white the GTD grill and bumper fins really stand out which I liked.
Chose Carbon Grey in the end though as I prefer a darker colour.

Exactly the same for me - ordered in white but selected CG at the last moment before it went 'build week confirmed'. The reasoning was my previous Golf was white and CG is the unique GTI/GTD colour.

I have been very happy with the choice for the last 23 months.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Go Tornado red and use the £500 you'd spend on metallic paint on another option?

With some effort a couple of times a year T Red polishes up to a lovely deep finish.

As already said no choice is wrong, so get what feels right.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Ha ha - TR is not for everyone Chris. I think the more sombre colours suit the more low key, laid back image of the GTD (in the same way the interior shades are toned down and subtle).... leave TR for the GTI owners ;-)

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Ha Ha - but apparently CSG is for everyone !! :p

There was a post not long ago where somebody from the US described the type of owner by car colour. I forget the exact wording but red cars are owned by those who are vain and spend to much time admiring themselves in the rear view mirror.

Harsh ! :eek: :eek:

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Mine is Carbon Grey, but was already built. If I was speccing it, my head would say White, but my heart Red.
Ive seen a few GTD's in Red and they look awesome, in my opinion.