GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD clutches/remapping/tuning boxes

Jonny2410

Will likely be getting a CRD3+ from DTUK after speaking with Andrew. This is the one which connects to the common rail, boost & camshaft sensors for smoother performance.

Does anyone know where the camshaft sensor is on the VAG 2.0 TDI 184BHP engine? I'm comfortable with the common rail & boost, but not seen anything on the camshaft sensor.

chrismc

Passed Driver's Ed
The fitting instructions are pretty comprehensive & will detail where the sensor is.

You'll enjoy the extra power & torque

Philboy

Hello all

What is the general consensus with the clutch on the GTD? How robust is it?

Given the engine already peaks at 280lbs/ft I'm not sure throwing an extra ~50-70 lbs/ft peak at the clutch is gonna allow it to last.

Is the GTD clutch different from earlier mk4/5/6's? I know these have a reputation for slipping/DMF failure.

Be interested to hear from anyone running a remap & who has covered some decent mileage with/without issues.

Chris
Hi I have had a dtuk crd stage 2 tuning box fitted covered 39,000 miles since December last year no issues so far mpg has went up 6-7 mpg car gets a bit of a hard time sometimes depends on the roads i am on but all good i just take it off for the service then put it back on makes a big difference to the car. Vw have now agreed to 20,000 mile service intervals instead of the 10,000 mile think they getting sick of seeing me every 8 weeks lol

chrismc

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Phil

My car has done ~5k miles now- all but 750 with the box fitted.

No issues at all. MPG gradually improving as it loosens up. 500+ miles happily on a tank.

No complaints whatsoever