GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD and lowering springs

massbad69

Passed Driver's Ed
My red GTD has similar mods to yours Wagger, it has VW Racing springs and Santiagos with 10mm spacers front and 20mm on the rear. The ride quality with it lowered is still brilliant and way better than other cars I've lowered.
I've also got black mirror caps, eyebrows, badges and rear bumper protector and getting my calipers and hubs painted this week.

Although my red car is decent I would have preferred white then grey but there was a red car available so I went for that.

ROBK75

Ready to race!
I've had VWR lowering springs fitted to my GTD, I'm new to this forum so if someone tells me how I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

It's also been remapped to 235 bhp and has a Milltek exhaust and Jetex air filter, plus there's a few cosmetic modifications (front and rear spacers, colour coded side skirts, gloss back rear valance, red calipers).

I'm considering having the wheels painted gloss black (standard 18", the car is Red), if anyone has had this done some pictures would be useful to help me decide!

Rob

s7wag

Ready to race!
I've had VWR lowering springs fitted to my GTD, I'm new to this forum so if someone tells me how I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
Rob

Some nice GTD's appearing on here now ;)

235bhp - so do you have the DTUK tuning box fitted or a custom re-map?

You'll need to go to Advanced settings to find the attachment link.

Did you find the front drop lower than expected post VWR fitment?

Steve

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Some nice GTD's appearing on here now ;)

235bhp - so do you have the DTUK tuning box fitted or a custom re-map?

You'll need to go to Advanced settings to find the attachment link.

Did you find the front drop lower than expected post VWR fitment?

Steve

I think the front is definitely a bit lower than the rear, but there was a bit of rake before it was lowered anyway so I suppose it's to be expected. I'm also running 12mm/20mm spacers, which make the stance quite different as well.

It's a custom remap from a place called Ecotech Performance in Deeside, it was the first one he did about 18 months ago and possibly the first one remapped in the country as far as they were aware, although someone will no doubt prove me wrong!

It was originally mapped to 230bhp running on standard fuel, it's since had an upgraded panel filter and exhaust so I'm guessing it's probably about 235bhp on VPower fuel?

I'll post some pictures now, these are some I took last week and they're not the best quality plus the car was a bit dirty so I'll try to get some better ones over the weekend.

Rob

ROBK75

Ready to race!
WP_20151122_15_02_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20151122_15_02_12_Pro.jpg

massbad69

Passed Driver's Ed
I've only got one pic of it on the VWR springs but just with 10mm spacers on the rear. When the winter is gone it will be on 20mm rears and 10mm fronts with the 19's back on and all the black touches fitted and the red calipers/silver hubs.

I agree with the front ride height as the back is perfect but front sits 5mm too low.

s7wag

Ready to race!
B-Xenon Headlight Re-alignment and Adjust via VCDS

here's the process to re-align your headlights if you've not done it...and thanks to Tom/APR and his Ross-tech link.

You don't need to manually adjust anything and can be done via VAGCOM in two minutes.

Select 55- Headlight Range then 04- Basic Settings

Select "Basic Headlamp Setting" and "Go" - headlamps will automatically self-level the aim and you'll see 'Running' in the window. It will settle around 1 to 1.5" higher than original setting - if you view against a wall you'll see better. Once it's finished self-align press 'Stop'.

Then from the same pull-down menu select "Acknowledge Basic Setting" and 'Go'. The new Basic setting has now been stored. Press 'Stop' and 'Done, Go Back'

Check for any fault codes and clear if necessary and theb Close Controller and Exit.

Note: If you forget to "Acknowledge..." your 'new' alignment will not be stored and all reverts to previous/existing settings.

Thanks all

Steve

daryl8007

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone remotely near Kent to help me with these don't have VCDS and headlights are driving me crazy!? Willing to travel or chip in? My cruise and front assist won't level either?!

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Just had my wheels painted Gunmetal grey and had new tyres fitted, pictures attached. Car is going in for a 3 stage polish tomorrow.

Attachments

• WP_20151209_12_09_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151209_12_09_57_Pro.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 8,497
  • WP_20151209_12_10_08_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151209_12_10_08_Pro.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 5,553
  • WP_20151209_12_10_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151209_12_10_36_Pro.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 4,097

massbad69

Passed Driver's Ed
I like the wheels done in the gunmetal it makes them look so different.

I have my car on its winter wheels and tyres just now and although I had bought them for my previous Audi they look ok on the GTD.

chebaroony

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi , I have the same car in the same colour . I love those wheels done in that colour.
I'm considering spacers too , would that be 12mm front / 20mm rear ?
Thanks

Last edited: